Can anyone recommend a good Video monitor for twins?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by lromansky, Mar 15, 2009.

1. lromansky

lromansky Well-Known Member

Hello -
    Any recommendations for a good twin video monitor? I really want to get one of these and am having a hard time finding one, or even research on which one to get. Help!

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

We tried the Summer brand, Graco brand, and the Moby one (I think that was the name) and returned them all. The problem for us was the way the nursery was arranged there was no way to see both babies on one camera and if so it had to be so far away. And when it was dark in there, forget it. I survived on a lights and sounds with my older DD and am currently using one for the boys. I hope you find one that works for you.

3. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I never used a video monitor (we had the panasonic lights and sound for the girls), but one of my cousins loved her Summer one that had the handheld video screen. But she only had one baby so it might be an issue for twins like Rachel said. GL!

4. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

I have this dual scanning monitor. I haven't used it yet, but I read great things about it. I got mine from BRU but I can't seem to find the link at the moment.

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I used the Summer video monitor which was good when both babies shared a crib but after that (up until 6 months) it really wasn't that helpful, they went into separate rooms and cribs at that point.

6. BabyMoPlusThree

BabyMoPlusThree Well-Known Member

It is not an inexpensive solution, but we currently have the Summer Infant handheld monitor. The monitor has two channels. You can order a second camera from the Summer Infant website. You won't be able to monitor both babies at once, but if you hear crying, you can flip between the two channels.

7. 2B2G

2B2G Well-Known Member

I have the Safety First Hi-Def monitor that I sprung for because it's supposed to have the least interference. That part is true. It sounds great, no blips and pops like others I have had. You can add a 2nd camera and switch between channels. I was bummed though when I learned the 2nd camera has to be bought from Safety First and it's $145! Yikes! It's so nice to be able to see them when they get to that wiggly stage.

8. lromansky

lromansky Well-Known Member

QUOTE(2B2G @ Mar 15 2009, 06:28 PM) [snapback]1229518[/snapback]
    I have the Safety First Hi-Def monitor that I sprung for because it's supposed to have the least interference. That part is true. It sounds great, no blips and pops like others I have had. You can add a 2nd camera and switch between channels. I was bummed though when I learned the 2nd camera has to be bought from Safety First and it's $145! Yikes! It's so nice to be able to see them when they get to that wiggly stage.

I was looking at the Safety First monitor you mention... question - does the monitor automatically flip between the 2 channels or do you have to do it automatically?

9. christie76

christie76 Well-Known Member

I have this monitor from Walmart with the extra camera. I love it. It's great to bring it all over the house without having to lug around the big monitor. I've never had any interference from other people and we live very close to our neighbors. It does get some static every now and then, but if you move it, it goes away. I highly recommend this monitor.