Can I join you guys with a singleton!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Heathermomof5, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Easton was born by c section July 21 and is just so perfect and sweet!!!

I have a question for you guys!
    Until last night he was such a great sleeper!! Last night I saw his little eyes more than I have in the past 11 days lol! He was up from 1 am to 5 am straight! He was just a happy boy for hours! Now he wants to sleep and not be disturbed lol!! I am hoping this won't be a trend, last night was our first awake all night night! But just in case how do you Reverse day and night confusion in a newborn!!??

2. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Congratulations for your baby Easton! May he always bring you joy!

About your issue, you have older kids, so you have deffinetly more experience than me, but I can tell you from my experience, try to make him take naps during the day downstairs, in a swing or bouncer, or somewhere where there's noise and in a social area - if he can sleep wherever - and at this age I think he should be able to sleep wherever. Make a distinction between daytime naps and nighttime sleep - as in daytime is in the living room and with background noise and night time is in the bedroom - dark and quiet. I am sure this will all adjust itself in time, but I hope you can do something to help him sleep longer at night. Enjoy that newborn stage :0, I am sure you know how fast it goes.

3. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

What happens if you turn on the lights in the middle of the night? Does he start to close his eyes?

Confession time: Mine slept so much better with lights on that for a couple of weeks we transitioned them to sleeping at night 1st they slept in our walk in closet in bouncy seats with the light on. Then in our room with a crack of light on them. Then eventually in dark.

One of the nurses in the hospital would get p*ssy when I'd try to nurse with the lights on- she always said bright light put them to sleep but semi-to complete darkness enabled new babies to see better. It does make some sense to me- there isn't much light in the uterus. :lol:

4. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:welcome: BACK to the FY!!!! :woo: Easton is such a doll!!! How is the sleep going now??