Can't sleep, so itchy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by BubbleDragon, Aug 6, 2009.

1. BubbleDragon

BubbleDragon Well-Known Member

I am itchy everywhere, to the point of jerking around if I don't scratch right away. I have just been rolling around and scratching for an hour. Finally thought maybe it was because of not shaving or something for a while, so I took a shower, and then coated myself in the thickest layer of lotion that I physically could. Now I'm still itching, and I feel badly keeping my hubby awake, so I'm sitting up on my laptop downstairs.

Any recommendations? I'm not sure what else to do. This is pretty normal, right?

2. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

:hug: Momma!! Sorry you are so uncomfortable! I have no advice as I never found anything that worked, but itching is definitely normal. I hope you get some relief soon! :hug:

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Yes, it's normal and I have no advice on what works. :hug: :hug: I hope you got to get some sleep last night!! :hug:

4. acjb2004

acjb2004 Well-Known Member

I am sorry about the itching. But like other posters said its normal. Unfortunatelly I don't have any advice. Hang in there.

5. qfmom2009

qfmom2009 Well-Known Member

When you say lotion...do you mean regular lotion? Have you tried anti-itch cream? My OB said the benadryl cream and if necessary the medicine is okay during pg.

Hopefully, you've already gotten some shut eye before you read my post.

HTH,

6. angs241

angs241 Well-Known Member

On the recommendation of my doctor, I first tried Benadryl cream, which didn't help, then he recommended a Benadryl tablet, which helped me sleep and made the itching not as bad.