Carpal Tunnel

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kellyymca, Dec 19, 2006.

1. kellyymca

kellyymca Active Member

Has anyone else experience pain in their hands and arms? I have some tingling which I can deal with but last night my hand and arm hurt so much it actually kept me up. Any suggestions?

2. kellyymca

kellyymca Active Member

Has anyone else experience pain in their hands and arms? I have some tingling which I can deal with but last night my hand and arm hurt so much it actually kept me up. Any suggestions?

3. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

I would get the wrist splints to wear at night, also ice on the forearm seems to help me.

4. Babygus0

Babygus0 Well-Known Member

The wrist splints at night should help to relieve some of the pain. It also helps if you don't ball your fist up at nite. That seems to make it worse, which is very hard to control.

5. lovebeingmama

lovebeingmama Well-Known Member

It's VERY common during pregnancy. Here's an article from Baby Center that explains it and gives some suggestions.

Good luck. I had it during my twin pregnancy. I worked as a cake decorator for a caterer until I got pregnant with the twins. I couldn't even squeeze the darn icing bags some days. I have never gotten back into it but not because of carpal tunnel. Now I just don't have time! [​IMG]

6. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

I started out with it just in my right hand, but it has since moved into my left also. [​IMG] I gave in and bought the wrist splints. I don't know if they have WalMarts out in New York, but I tried Walgreens and Target first, and found some nice ones and pretty cheap ($15) at Walmart. The pharmacist recommended them and they seem to be working pretty well. I try to only wear them at night.
    Hope this helps.
    Helen