CD Player Broke-No White Noise

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by cjk2002, May 27, 2009.

1. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

Last week I put up the stair gate so that they now can play upstairs in their room and also a playroom I just made for them. Of course they got into everything in their room and I've spent at least $100 this past week in baby-proofing gear.

They started to play with their cd player and I moved it up on the changing table. Well, it feel off and broke. It worked ok yesterday, but today I noticed it stopped playing. Sure enough, less than 1 1/2 hours into their nap, they woke up (usually they sleep for at least 2-3 hours). I got them up, they were crabby so I had another cd player and popped in the cd with hopes they will go back to sleep for at least another hour. The old one had a repeat button, but this one does not.

I never knew just how much they need it to sleep. I've used different cd's, but if there is nothing playing they will wake up.

Off to Walmart to buy a new player with a repeat button.

But on the plus side-Jake went right down for his nap without having to cio. :banana:

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sorry that you had to buy a new CD player---I am so glad that Jake went to sleep with no problems! I hope that continues for you!

3. happychck

happychck Well-Known Member

sorry about the cd player... i actually have a great white noise machine that i got at bed, bath and beyond for 20 bucks. it's by homedics. i highly recommend it! we also have a battery operated one, but it sounds like you don't mind somethign w/a cord.... so, if you ever decide to skip the cd player, go for this! (we actually play lullabies on our cd playaer and then use the white noise in the background, as well. whatever works!).

gl, jl

4. jdio33

jdio33 Well-Known Member

I feel your pain! We are having a thunder storm right now (at bed time!) The power keeps going out, so the humidfir and the music stops and they freak out!!! Hopefully when they fall asleep they wont notice the silence! I need to go to walmart and get some batteries..duh :rolleyes:

5. Mum2TwinBoys

Mum2TwinBoys Well-Known Member

We use fans in their rooms, it is great because if it breaks we have backups in the house.