Chore charts/monthly calendars

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by trustinHim, Mar 11, 2012.

1. trustinHim

trustinHim Well-Known Member

Thinking about starting chore charts at the house... anyone have an suggestions or links/pics they can post of the ones they use? I'm liking the Melissa and Doug one but thinking about doing my own as well. . .

Also, any thoughts on calendars to put the days tasks on? Boys are always asking mommy what day is it? what are we doing today? Gets a little old repeating so saying "go check the calendar" sounds easier ';o)

2. dtomecko

dtomecko Well-Known Member

I've got this and have been really happy with it. I put about 4 tasks on it weekly, some of it are behavior things I want them to work on, and some are a few basic chores. Right now 15 stickers (magnets) earns them a reward.

http://www.target.com/p/The-Board-Dudes-Dry-Erase-Chore-Chart-11x14/-/A-11289335

3. trustinHim

ohhh, I like that one!

4. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

I found this link somewhere before, not sure if it was here or not... I might be attempting to make it for myself tonight since I have TONS of popsicle sticks! I kind of like the simplicity of it... we'll see how exactly I implement it! It's totally different than the magnetic/calendar board styles...

popsicle chore chart

what are some of the chores that you are hoping to put on it?

I am trying to get rid of the whining in the household.
    so I'm thinking of the whole Dressing, Grooming (teeth & hair), Helping w/Dishes, and something about getting to/from the car happy...

5. trustinHim

that's cute too!

I probably should filter it down to a few tasks. . . there's a lot we need to work on ;o)