Christmas cards

Discussion in 'General' started by FGMH, Dec 14, 2015.

1. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Do you do Christmas cards? Long lists, shorts lists, e-mails?

I still do traditional Christmas cards and try to write at least a few personal words for everyone. I have moved a lot and have friends literally all over Germany and the world, and we like to keep in touch with everyone. But it is overwhelming and I never get them all mailed by Christmas.

2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I do a photocard and send out about 60 per year. I know its impersonal but I don't write anything on them... I would never get them done if I did.  I do what I can to show people that I'm thinking of them during the holiday, and try not to beat myself up about not doing more than I can.

1 person likes this.
  3. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I do a photo card as well, so the far away friends & relatives can see the kids growing up.  I send about 40 a year. 

4. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

Photocards here, too.  And I focus on sending to people who don't have Facebook and don't regularly see pics of the kids since I post there often.  I sent about 50 cards this year and didn't write anything on them.  We also send birthday party invites around the same time, so I'm doing enough writing as it is!

5. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We do photo cards as well. I ordered 100 this year(I will have a ton left over I'm sure lol). I don't write any thing either because it would be 2017 before anyone saw a card!

6. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We also do photo cards. I usually send out less than 25 though so I try to write a little something on all of them.

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I send out about 25 regular cards and write a little something in them.  I'd like to stop altogether but DH doesn't want to.

8. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I don't send out anything...'aint nobody got time for that'...lol, but seriously, I just don't.  I do enjoy getting them so that's nice.

9. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I do a photo card.  Most years I design the card myself.  I started that when the girls were born.  Their first card was a 3 separate photos put together as one.  Since I couldn't get a good photo of  6 months and a dog.  
    This year I just ordered a predesigned card at costco.  Printed out the labels- i think i printed 62 labels but ordered 75 cards, so if anyone wants a card, feel free to PM your address.  

10. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yep. Me, too.

11. kim01

kim01 Well-Known Member

We do photo cards as well. Everyone likes the updated pics. We try to do pics several times a year also I don't write on them just b/c we send quite a few and i way over book and over do things. i'm trying to say no to stuff but i am just a do'er. great question ! 

12. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Most of the time I do a photo card and a little Christmas letter.  This year I skipped the letter because most people have facebook. 

13. tarcoulis

tarcoulis Well-Known Member

Photo cards with a letter.  This year they will be New Year cards since I'm running late.