Christmas Lists for 4.5 old boys?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ilovemykids, Nov 16, 2013.

1. ilovemykids

ilovemykids Well-Known Member

Just wondering what some hot items are or what you are all planning on getting your boys.  OR what boys around 4.5 would love.  We have SO MUCH STUFF HERE!
    I got them Leap Pad Ultras, already.  Not sure what else to pick up?

2. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

My boys are also 4.5 year old.  Their big gift is going to by Y-Bike scooters.  Their little brother got a mini one for his birthday in June and they are always fighting over it.    Its not exactly scooter season here so I feel bad that they won't get to play with them right away, but I know they will love them.  Everything else will be inexpensive stuff.  They are in to Legos, trains, coloring, cars & trucks, and Playdoh (we just started Playdoh in our house and they are loving it... might be the thing to get me through the winter!!).  They got Leappads for their birthday in February and that is still a hot toy.  They have requested Octonaut toys (TV show in Disney Jr.) and Hot Wheels track kits.

I'll be back to this post for other ideas!!!

3. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My 4.5 yr old's are getting the new nintendo 2DS each.  With older siblings, they prefer playing the kindle or their DS's than the leappad.  I sold our leappad's last year lol! 

Otherwise, I'm crossing my fingers they have some Paw Patrol toys out before Christmas.  Mine LOVE that show.  Liam is "Marshal" (the firefighter dog) and Rylee is "Sky" (the helicopter flying dog).  Probably start them on some small lego's (we have a huge tub of mega blocks I'm ready to sell).  Liam is also into any kind of big truck/tractor type of thing, so I'm going to find him something like that from Santa.

4. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Playdough is a big hit here, hot wheels, angry birds.

Kris broke his ipad screen and went into have it repaired, and meanwhile talked himself into getting a new ipad, so I *think* we might be giving the boys the old iPad. Or I will take it.. we haven't decided yet. But if we do, it's going to be their Christmas present and I will load it up with a few game apps for them.

5. mama_dragon

mama_dragon Well-Known Member

The boys will be 5 in Jan. 

Animal planet dinosaurs and wild animals, some imaginext toys and accessories for their castle, one wants a train that goes by itself, pirate ship and each wants a construction truck to play with outside. Books. What they don't get for Christmas they will get for their birthday. 

No electronics. 

6. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My kids LOVE Paw Patrol!!! Holy cow do they love it! Lol! All three!

At 4.5...we were getting into Legos...dinosaurs...imaginex toys are great. My boys still love playdoh, art stuff, books..

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Danielle and Meaghan, my kids are HUGE fans of Paw Patrol.
    DH actually contacted the company that is supposed to make Paw Patrol toys (Spinmaster Toys) and they are not planning to release any toys until Spring 2014.

8. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

Paw Patrol... YES!  Three fanatics in my house!!!

9. Danibell

Well crap.  That sucks.  The twins birthday is feb, chances are they won't have any toys ready for then either! :(

I was really counting on them having stuff out for Christmas, now I have no idea what to get them! :/

10. ilovemykids

ilovemykids Well-Known Member

what are paws patrol?

11. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

A cartoon about dogs. 1 is a police dog, 1 is a fire fighter, etc.

My boys adore it, too.

12. Danibell

So we went and did our shoe box shopping yesterday and I always get a few toys for them.  So I had Liam and Rylee with me going through the toy aisles.  I think I'm going to get them some kind of bigger playset.  Either the Mike the Knight Castle, Jake and the Neverland Pirates tree house set, or the Imaginext castle.  Not sure which one yet.  But they certainly want all 3 of them! LOL  In leiu of paw patrol stuff, since I was hoping to find the command center for christmas.  I'll probably go with the Jake set, since we already have bucky and a couple extra people sets.