Christmas presents for boys, grandparents, everybody!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by leaudemiel, Dec 14, 2010.

1. leaudemiel

leaudemiel Well-Known Member

The boys are 6 months old (and currently Ferbering with dad...so I'm online trying to be distracted so I don't cry), and we're trying to figure out Christmas stuff. I got them each a plush thing (one a robot, one a zebra) an ornament, and am planning on getting them winter hats. Not going crazy, since I fear the grandparents will over do it.

My parents watch the boys 5 days a week. They moved closer to help us out. And I have no clue what to do for them for Christmas, to say thank you! I made photo books on Shutterfly, and a platter from a ceramics place with their footprints on them (for both sets of grandparents). But I want to do something... nice for them. I am totally at a loss. Not necessarily expensive, but nice.

What are you getting the people in your lives?

2. littletwinstars

littletwinstars Well-Known Member

I agree with you...I think photo gifts are always nice. Shutterfly, Snapfish, Winkflash, etc. all have some great ideas that will work within almost any budget.

Other ideas would be a gift certificate to their favorite restaurant or to the movies or any other activity that they enjoy doing together or that they find relaxing. If you take video footage, it might be nice to transfer some of it to a DVD and give it to them. I would include special moments that your boys have had with the grandparents. Digital picture frames are great. We gave one to my dad a few years ago and he keeps it on his desk at work. You can update the SD card frequently with new pictures. HTH!

3. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think you hit the nail on the head with the photo book. Our mothers were in tears when we made those! We gave them to them for Mother's Day. I think any photo gift is a great treasure. We make calendars for eight different people in the family. They all love them. I like the idea of a digital frame.

What about a nice night on the town? Dinner and some movies? Or a little weekend/one night getaway? Good luck! I find as the kids get older, it gets harder! LOL!

4. lisagayle

lisagayle Well-Known Member

We also did photo gifts for the grandparents. We bought one of those collage photo frames that holds 10-15 photos of different sizes and filled them up with pictures from birth to now. We did that for each set of grandparents. Then we bought them all a gift card for dinner. Thought it would be nice for them to have an evening to go out without having to pay for it since they all help us out so much.

5. leaudemiel

leaudemiel Well-Known Member

Thank you! That's a great idea. We made them a 'welcome basket' when they moved here to help us with the boys, but haven't done that since, and they keep going to the same two restaurants! So that will be good.