Christmas Tree Funny Story

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Angie26, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Angie26

Angie26 Well-Known Member

On Sunday I put our Christmas tree up (after much debating). Kelby and Kaylee got up from their nap. They were so intrigued. I was holding both of them and I put them down and they were terrified of the tree. They both started screaming and ran back to me. It took Kaylee a good hour to get close to it and not be held the entire time. Did any of your kids have this reaction? Now they love it and try to eat the lights, but all in all they have done really well with it. I had to only put the christmas ornaments on the top half as Kelby tore every single ball off that was too low.

2. Angie26

Angie26 Well-Known Member

On Sunday I put our Christmas tree up (after much debating). Kelby and Kaylee got up from their nap. They were so intrigued. I was holding both of them and I put them down and they were terrified of the tree. They both started screaming and ran back to me. It took Kaylee a good hour to get close to it and not be held the entire time. Did any of your kids have this reaction? Now they love it and try to eat the lights, but all in all they have done really well with it. I had to only put the christmas ornaments on the top half as Kelby tore every single ball off that was too low.

3. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

That is funny! We didn't even put one up last year b/c I didn't want to police the tree all the time. I'm hoping for better luck this year!

4. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

That is too funny! We had to use the superyard last year to get them to stay away from it. This year they have done really well and don't touch it. They do like to get close to it to smell it (it's a real tree).

5. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

We used the superyard last year as well. We have not put it up yet, but my friends daughter is petrified of the tree as well. So far its good though-- becuase she is not trying to touch it!

6. lrothrock1

lrothrock1 Well-Known Member

How funny! We also have ornamates only from the middle of the tree and up! Looks pretty funny, but it will work! I also have picture frames from 05" on the tree with the girls and our boys pictures. The girls wanted each others pictures to hold tonight and they would not trade with each other. Erin had Brookes picture and Brooke was holding on to Erin's. It's was so sweet!