Collage Ideas for Funeral

Discussion in 'General' started by tbpmtb, Jul 8, 2008.

1. tbpmtb

tbpmtb Well-Known Member

Hello, I need some ideas on how to make a photo collage for a funeral... Non-permanent way to attach photos would be great. My Godmother's dad passed away today and this is something she asked me to help her with. Ideas anyone? I'd say it was very similar to scrapbooking, don't you think?

2. twins225

twins225 Well-Known Member

are you into digital scrapbooking at all? there are a number of free programs you can use out there. i personally use creative memories' STORYBOOK CREATOR . i upgraded to the PLUS version, but you can still do a collage with the 2.0. i don't know how big you are wanting the collage to be. but you can put a neat layout together and have it printed as big as 12 x 12. if that's not big enough, you might be able to take it to staples or office depot (or similar) and have them enlarge it keeping the quality nice.

let me know if you need any more info.
    rebecca

3. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was going to suggest using a digital scrapbooking program. I use photo shop elements 5. Most of the programs have a free trial.
    I would decide how big you want the funeral collage to be. Scan in the photos and arrange them.

I did a photo Collage on this layout Just to give you an idea. I had made the photo collage for a free 8x10 from walgreens.

4. tbpmtb

tbpmtb Well-Known Member

Hi girls,

Thanks for the advice. I just met with my Godmother today (her dad is the one that passed away) and we will create a collage using posterboard material. So, I will try to envision it as a big scrapbook page.

Thanks again!

Lisa, your collage is beautiful by the way!!!