College Applications are IN!

Discussion in 'General' started by Mama_Kim, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Sean has worked hard and submitted seven college apps. Woo Hoo!!! Now the wait begins. I seriously cannot believe we are at this point where he is applying to college. Where did my baby go?

2. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

You're holding out on us.. which colleges did he apply to?

3. Mama_Kim

Oops . . . sorry

UT-Knoxville
    ETSU (East TN State)
    Clemson
    Maryville College
    Vanderbilt (his long shot)
    Valparaiso (mine and Lou's alma mater)
    Tulane

His first choice is probably Clemson right now, followed by ETSU, since they both have great computer/business programs.

4. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

Yeah Sean!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed he gets his first pick! How long do you think it'll be, before he finds out?

5. Mama_Kim

Depends on the school as to when he will hear back. He's gotten some application confirmations already but the HS still has to send out his transcsripts and such.

Oh, and I'd appreciate some prayers/good thoughts for some GOOD money from any of these schools, lol. ;)

6. twinbears

twinbears Well-Known Member

Good luck I hope he gets something he wants and a good scholership.

7. Mama_Kim

Thanks. He'll need it! Tuition/room & board at Vandy is $52,000 a year! I nearly choked. :lol:

8. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

His first choice is probably Clemson right now, followed by ETSU, since they both have great computer/business programs.

DH and I both went to Clemson, and his Masters is in Computer Science. Good luck to Sean!

9. Mama_Kim

Sharon, I may be contacting you for information if he gets accepted and goes to Clemson! ;)

10. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

Seriously, Kim, that wouldn't be a problem. DH is actually from SC (about 45 min away), and a 3rd living generation Clemson grad--his 101 year old Grandfather graduated from there, as well as his dad. DH lived on campus--I never did, but could help out a bit with that type of stuff. Plus, all students get free football tickets to every home game (actually free tickets are for all sports :) )

11. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

Good luck to him!

12. Donita

Donita Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Sep 9 2008, 07:46 AM) [snapback]970995[/snapback]
    Thanks. He'll need it! Tuition/room & board at Vandy is $52,000 a year! I nearly choked. :lol:

Holy smokes!! How did you keep breathing?

13. Bestian

Bestian Well-Known Member

I'm going to college this year, and I wonder if it's possible to work at the same time. I'm worried that I won't be able to keep up.

14. WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot Well-Known Member

Oh, I can tell you that you won't be able to keep up. You can try, but you need to understand that homework takes a lot of time. You can try different services because when I needed to write my essays online I used Writepaper and these guys did an absolutely amazing job helping me. I'm sure they won't leave you disappointed.

15. Kessedi

Kessedi Well-Known Member

To everyone who has already enrolled and is studying at college, I want to advise an excellent service https://www.essayontime.com/services/coursework.html. Here you can buy high-quality coursework with a guarantee of a good grade. I also use this writing service and therefore I can safely recommend this resource.

16. Brainsarm

Brainsarm Member

As for my college application, I remember the most difficult point for me was an essay, I couldn't really understand how to do it right, but my friend recommended me applying to rushmyessay service. This company offers high quality papers on any topic, and for affordable prices. Maybe this service will be helpful for you.