concerned hailey stands alone without support for awhile but reagan cant

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by reaganandhaileysmom, Jul 31, 2010.

1. reaganandhaileysmom

reaganandhaileysmom New Member

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: i just think that my reagan hasnt been developing near the rate hailey is im concerned. she dont even try standing without support

2. dra1408

dra1408 Well-Known Member

Mine aren't to that point yet, and I don't know how old yours are, but I don't think I would be concerned. I have found that my girls have different strengths and weaknesses when it comes to milestones and often reach them at different times. DD1 has started trying to pull herself into a sitting position while DD2 has never tried. DD2 started using her legs to stand in my lap probably a month and a half ago and DD1 just started doing that about a week ago. So I doubt you have anything to worry about, but if you're concerned maybe you should ask your pedi about it.

3. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Given that you're posting in the FY, Reagan is still well within "normal" range, and they do develop totally as individuals, even if they're ID. It is hard not to compare twins, I have often gone to my dr. with concerns like yours only to have her laugh that they're different kids.. of course they're doing different things!

By the way, mine didn't start standing on their own until about 2 weeks ago.

4. piccologirl

piccologirl Well-Known Member

the best advice, and hardest to follow, is to try not to compare your babies to each other. imagine if you only had one, you'd have no idea if she was early or late. ;) i used to have these worries about my boys because owen was always aspiring and reaching for the next milestone and jacob was laid back and content to just hang out. a year later they're both running around like wild things and you'd never know which one stood or started walking first.

if they're under a year old, you're not delayed. many babies don't start standing unassisted until after their first birthday. and the average age for walking is 15 months. try not to worry! :)