constant fetal movement

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Jess887x3, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Jess887x3

Jess887x3 New Member

Ok I was wondering..I constantly feel butterflies on both sides of my stomach is that fetal movement? Im not thinking about it either so its not like im nervous...I am only 14 weeks could someone help me...its actually hard to sleep!

2. Jess887x3

Jess887x3 New Member

Ok I was wondering..I constantly feel butterflies on both sides of my stomach is that fetal movement? Im not thinking about it either so its not like im nervous...I am only 14 weeks could someone help me...its actually hard to sleep!

3. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

What your feeling could definitely be the babies moving. It always started out for me feeling like butterflies, too. Once they get bigger and their bones harden, you start to feel true "kicks". With this twin pregnancy, I felt the babies at 13 wks. They move a lot more than my dd ever did. At night too, which also causes me to lose some sleep now that their movements are so big.

I guess you will never know for sure, but if that butterfly feeling gets stronger or progresses into kicking you'll be pretty certain it was them moving around all along!!! A wonderful feeling, isn't it!! [​IMG]

4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I felt mine REALLY early also (just before 12 weeks) and it did feel like little butterflies!!

5. luv_my_kidz

luv_my_kidz Well-Known Member

Yes, you could be feeling them. Butterflies is what it felt like for me beginning around 13 weeks. As it progressed, I knew for sure it had been the babies allalong that I was feeling. What a miracle!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

Yep, that could be them. When I first felt flutters, I was out by the pool and flipped to go from my back to my tummy ... and my lower tummy just went insane like there were little butterflies in there - it was such a cool experience!!! I must have been squooshing them and they protested!!! That was at about 17 weeks, and I felt definite kicks at about 21 weeks.