constantly drooling

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by newtothis, May 17, 2011.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

is it 'normal' for an 'almost' 2 year old to constantly drool?

2. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

It is completely normal. If they havent gotten their eye teeth, they could be cutting them. They typically come in around 18-20 months. There are also molars that come in around 24 months. And my 3.5 yr old still drools. I am forever telling him to swallow

3. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

I agree, normal if they're teething. Ethan was super drooly whenever he was teething. It is just getting better now (at almost 26 months) because all his teeth are in.

4. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

^^ what they said. My dd just finished cutting her 2 yr molars, she's finally not drooling!! YAY!

5. babyhopes09

babyhopes09 Well-Known Member

I actually have a completely different answer to that question... many times when gross motor/ small motor, speech is developing it will "override" a baby's focus on swallowing saliva... have you ever seen a kid run or write/color with their tongue hanging out of their mouths? That's because gross/small motor usually overrides oral motor in the brain.... it's totally normal for all kids.. throw some teething in and you can almost guarantee it at that age!

6. Chicklet

Chicklet Well-Known Member

My boys are droolers too, not sure if it's a boy thing or a teething thing lol