Cool Sciencey type gift for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by all4megan_kayleigh, Oct 8, 2008.

1. all4megan_kayleigh

all4megan_kayleigh Well-Known Member

I know someone here can suggest a cool Science oriented gift for my girls for Christmas. I thought the Eyeclops looked really cool and fun but I noticed the age is 8-14. My girls are 5 and in Kindergarten. Are they too young for the Eyeclops??? I also thought about a some type of microscope geared toward their age but haven't found anything. Does anyone have any great suggestions for me?

Thanks!

2. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

Ooops, I thought you were going to suggest a cool, sciency thing for 5 yos to me.

3. all4megan_kayleigh

all4megan_kayleigh Well-Known Member

LOL, I'm sorry. I guess my title is misleading. Maybe I should add a question mark behind it.

4. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

My brother bought my son and nephews a butterfly kit where they could watch caterpillars transform into butterflies. He loved it. Here's a link to all kinds of different kits including hermit crabs, lady bugs, and science projects.

5. JandCsMom

JandCsMom Well-Known Member

FYI--my boys got the Eyeclops Bionic Eye for Christmas last year (when they were 8) and I think they played with it for about 5 minutes. I was completely underwhelmed with it.... You might want to check this site, it has some neat sciencey gifts (including some for ages 4-7).

http://www.discoverthis.com

6. mom23sweetgirlies

mom23sweetgirlies Well-Known Member

I don't have any specific suggestions, but you should check out Mindware, they have some awesome educational games/toys.

7. megan smith

megan smith Well-Known Member

My son got the eyeclops for christmas last year and I dont think he ever plugged it in. What a waste! Dont tell my mum.

8. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

Try Mindware.com?. There are some really neat things there.

9. daasmommy

daasmommy Well-Known Member

I saw today at Walmart how to recyle paper kit by Bill Nye the science guy. You take old paper and make it into new paper yourself.
    Might be something that is sciency and help the kids learn about recycling

10. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

saw today at Walmart how to recyle paper kit by Bill Nye the science guy. You take old paper and make it into new paper yourself.
    Might be something that is sciency and help the kids learn about recycling

I have that in my basement for the boys. They also had some "my first science" kits there that were for ages 4-7 or so.