cool twin things

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Shohenadel, May 1, 2011.

1. Shohenadel

Shohenadel Well-Known Member

Hi there! Aside from the fact that my twins are in the full-blown terrible twos, they really have been doing a lot of cute things lately.....like for example today I could hear them giggling in the living room and when I went to check on them I found Rachael in the middle of "changing" Sarah's diaper...she had the changing pad and the wipes and they were laughing hysterically. It was so cute! It's fun to watch them hold hands and share snacks and sit on the recliner together with the blanket wrapped around them. It's especially fun to hear Sarah saying on the monitor in the morning "No Rachael! Rachael ANNE!" and go up to find Rachael stark naked with the entire contents of her crib, sheets and everything on the floor. Sarah's the rule follower and always the one to blow the whistle on Rachael's antics. Rachael even got a timeout for biting Sarah today and when I told her to go say, "Sorry" to her, Sarah actually came running over and gave her a hug and said, "Sorry!!" I was like, "NO, you didn't do anything...you got bit!!!!" But it didn't matter! They stood there hugging each other. I can honestly say I love having twins. I haven't said that much over the last 2 years (not that I haven't felt it) but the craziness really sometimes outweighs the cheery moments. But it has been amazing to watch this awesome relationship bloom before my eyes. It really is a special bond. :)

Shannon

2. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

sweet! yep, these fun twin moments sure do make the crazy times worth it! I'm having lots of fun moments right now at 3 yrs old too! love it!!

3. debbie_long83

debbie_long83 Well-Known Member

I agree, 3 year olds can be pretty insane at times, but like you said, there are so many sweet moments that make having twins totally worth it! I love watching them play together. :)

4. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Love, love, love the twin moments! My two are just so very close & I adore every minute of watching them and seeing how much they care about each other. :wub:

5. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

Love the story! I also have one rule following twin (Colin) and one mischievous twin (Shaun). Colin is always correcting Shaun when he is being naughty. Just curious, was Sarah the first born? Having twins really IS a blessing!!!

6. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

It is really the neatest thing I have ever seen. My boys are each 2 yrs apart which I thought was close but it was nothing like having a set of twins!! My two used to call each other Yaya - Addison stopped but Ava still calls calls Addison Yaya we have no idea why!! Addison will let Ava call her Yaya but if anyone else tries, she says " that is NOT my name I am Addison" Also if I take them shopping and either one finds something they want, they will always get 2 off of the rack to show me!! So cute!!!! Our new baby will have 3 mommies and poor boy, they already talk about painting his nails and brushing his teeth LOL!!!!! It is cute to just listen to their conversations!!!