cost of nanny

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ilovemykids, Aug 15, 2013.

1. ilovemykids

ilovemykids Well-Known Member

looking for thoughts on what one should be paying for someone for the hours of 7-3, (8 hours) with the twins going to school from 8-11:30. nanny would drive them to and from school. then baby naps when they get home from school.
    baby is 18 months and we were hoping to get ideas.

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That's hard to answer because there are so many variables involved - are you looking for live in? live out? own vehicle or would you provide a vehicle for him/her to use? someone with experience? someone with experience specifically with multiples?

Then all those variables would be affected by where you live as well.

The one nanny I know is live out, watches three kids (singleton in full day school and preschool aged twins) full time, has a vehicle provided to her by her employer and is paid aprox $2500/month.

3. ilovemykids

ilovemykids Well-Known Member

she has her own car and would live-out.
    basically babysit from 7-3 everyday, not including weekends.

i am a teacher and she told me she requires payment over my vacations when she is not even watching my kids.
    she has a tremendous amount of experience.

4. babyhopes09

babyhopes09 Well-Known Member

We live in the Midwest and have twin dd's (3 years) and a 2 year old DS. We used care.com and sittercity and the going rate for over 18 and good experience for our 3 is $11-15/hr. We pay $12/hour and she doesn't take them anywhere and I put out all meals and she basically runs our schedule like I do when I am home with them (I work part time).

5. babyhopes09

babyhopes09 Well-Known Member

I wanted to add that college grads tend to run 15/18 dollars an hour. I am a speech pathologist in a local school district, so we are in the same boat as you.... Making the cost of childcare work on a school salary is very difficult!