Costco Kirkland brand Diapers

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by twinzmom2b, Jan 10, 2007.

1. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

If you use these, what do you think of them? I just got a Costco membership about 2 months ago and have been there a handful of times already. I have been buying Huggies for the longest time b/c it didn't seem I could find a generic that really worked (meaning the volume it holds), especially for overnight.

I've just been using Huggies Supremes and regular Huggies for almost a year now.

How does Kirkland compare for a size 4/5 diaper? Are they absorbant? Do they work overnight without leaking?

Any advice would be appreciated!!!

TIA

2. twinzmom2b

If you use these, what do you think of them? I just got a Costco membership about 2 months ago and have been there a handful of times already. I have been buying Huggies for the longest time b/c it didn't seem I could find a generic that really worked (meaning the volume it holds), especially for overnight.

I've just been using Huggies Supremes and regular Huggies for almost a year now.

How does Kirkland compare for a size 4/5 diaper? Are they absorbant? Do they work overnight without leaking?

Any advice would be appreciated!!!

TIA

3. TWINS-Chris

TWINS-Chris Well-Known Member

I have always used either Kirkland or Huggies from Costco until recently. I just noticed that the Huggies only cost a little more but have a lot more diapers in the package. I can't remember the number off hand. Now I buy only the Huggies. My boys are in the size 4. Other than that I don't notice any difference in quality between the two. I'd buy either. My boys have leaked overnight (a handful of times) using both brands. Huggies leaked last night. Hope that helps.

4. firsttimer

firsttimer Well-Known Member

We tried the Kirklands when the kids were about 7 months old. After about 4 leaky diapers (during the day) I decided to go back to pampers. Unfortunaltely, Costco doesn't carry Pampers.
    We love the Kirkland wipes!

5. Whoa Mama

Whoa Mama Well-Known Member

I love them - we use them for daytime and for night we use Pampers baby dry because my DS leaked out of everythign else. My twins are ~25# and we use size 5.

THey have lots of stretch to them.

If you buy them and end up not liking them, just return the unused ones to Costco - they'll take them back and give your $ back. So really, you don't have anything to lose by trying them.

6. AZmom

AZmom Well-Known Member

I like the Kirkland brand. I think they compare with Huggies Supreme. I use sizes 4 and 5. I do use an overnight (Huggies) with my son. We go through phases. Sometimes he has a leaky diaper and then a while later we will switch back to a regular and he is fine.
    I am pleased with the Kirklands.

7. me_and_my_boy

me_and_my_boy Well-Known Member

We use Huggies from Costco here. Scared to try the Kirkland after all the other brands I've been through that leaked. I use Huggies Overnights at night time.

I just started using the Kirklands wipes instead of Huggies wipes. I didn't like them at first, but now I love them.

Mendy

8. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

I've always used Huggies but recently gave Luvs another try because they are cheaper and they worked great, including overnight, and my boys drink A LOT. So, once this box of Huggies is gone that the ILs bought, we're switching to Luvs.

9. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

We switched to the Costco diapers about 4 mo. ago and love them. No nighttime leaks and they're so much cheaper. We're actually Pampers lovers around here, but really like the Kirkland diapers.

10. LouCee

LouCee Well-Known Member

We've used them. They seem just like Huggies Supreme to me but with a different design on the outside. Someone told me the same company makes both Huggies and Kirkland diapers and wipes.

The wipes also remind me of Huggies wipes. I'll be buying both again.

11. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

I used them on lots of trips and never had any problems. They run a little smaller than the Huggies though so, if the girls are near the top of a size range, then you'd want to go up a size.

12. nbgmom

nbgmom Well-Known Member

We received them free as a gift and took the pack back to the store after several leaky diapers and got store credit. We buy White Cloud from walmart, there are 80 diapers for under $15. We have had good luck with them.

13. nbgmom

nbgmom Well-Known Member

Sorry that is 80 diapers in the size 5 box.

14. JeninSF

JeninSF Well-Known Member

We have always used them for all our kids and have no problems. All three of mine are in size 5 now. The boys technically (by weight at least) should be in size 4, but its easier to buy all one size!

15. Holly Wiebe

Holly Wiebe Well-Known Member

Have used Kirkland for a very long time now. Love them! My boys haven't leaked out of them yet, except for the times my husband diapers the boys really low in the front.

Everyone had different experiences. I bought a big Huggies box from Costco cause I heard good things about them. Unfortunately, they leaked every night the boys had them on. Ended up using the Huggies only for daytime.

I say give em a shot.

And yes, I, too, love the Kirkland wipes. Use them for everything, no extras added, just water.

Holly

16. allgood2000

allgood2000 Well-Known Member

I really, REALLY didn't like them. They leaked like crazy (for my boys) and they also really seemed to bunch up terribly. Also, and this may just be me being crazy, they seemed to really smell bad. Something about the absorbent inside really gagged me everytime I changed a diaper. I know that sounds crazy, but I didn't claim to have a rational reason for hating them. [​IMG] You know, though, you can't go wrong trying them. I ended up taking back 3/4 of a case and they refunded my $$$ no questions asked. I don't hesitate to try Costco products because they refund your money, happily, if you hate something.

17. jultaria

jultaria Well-Known Member

We use the kirkland's diapers and love them, but we do use huggies overnights.

Kirkland's worked most of the time overnight without leaking but it seemed like we were having more and more leaks at night ... not bad leaks, a little wetness around the onesie leg opening or a wet spot on their lower back... but they smelled like peepee in the morning.

18. yvonneinoregon

yvonneinoregon Well-Known Member

FWIW, at least at Oregon stores, the price per diaper is the EXACT same, between Kirkland and Huggies, so we buy Huggies.

19. Ange2k25

Ange2k25 Well-Known Member

I'm with Yvonne, the price is so close I would buy the Huggies. As the girls got more active, we had leaking with the Kirkland brand diapers during the day even. BTW-there is a coupon out right now if you buy the Huggies diapers and wipes at Costco. If you didn't get the coupons in the mail or when you signed up, ask at the service desk. The coupon is good until the 28th.

Angela

20. 1girltwinboyz

1girltwinboyz Well-Known Member

I have used them and had no problems. But I dont like huggies as the tabs do not stay put for my wiggly boys. My fav is are pampers or pampers cruisers. But LUVS work great in pinch too. I wish Costco carried pampers in stead of huggies. I get lots of coupons for pampers so when they go on sale I buy a few large pkg and they end up being cheaper than even Kirklands!

21. Shanonlee

Shanonlee Well-Known Member

Like Yvonne, the prices here are the same so i just stick to the Huggies. I found them to be almost the same as Huggies Supreme (which im not that crazy about) so i still use regular Huggies.

22. Jenna30

Jenna30 Well-Known Member

Becky, we used to be hardcore Pampers fans. Then we tried the Kirkland, and thought they were great! Then we got a coupon for the Huggies Supremes and love them too! I think the Kirkland, and the Huggies Supremes are VERY similar. We love both! The kirkland is cheaper here, so we use those mostly, and never have any problems!

23. tracyob

tracyob Well-Known Member

I use Kirkland for the day and Luvs at night, my DS wakes up soaking every morning and the only ones that I have found for him to work overnight are Luvs (I have tried EVERY brand).
    Ditto on the wipes being great!
    Tracy
    ps I think my DD would do fine w/ Kirkland overnight, she doesnt seem to go as much as DS HTH

24. HBMOMOF2SETS

HBMOMOF2SETS Well-Known Member

I love them! We;ve been using them for a while with no problems here.
    Christine

25. twinzmom2b

Well, like some of you had said...I went there tonight to compare some prices. When I looked at the unit price per diaper, they were EXACLY the same as Huggies. So I stuck with Huggies.