Cozy Coupe - Good Investment or Short Term Thrill?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by DblStuffOreo, Oct 25, 2011.

1. DblStuffOreo

DblStuffOreo Well-Known Member

My girls are only 1.5 y, but with Christmas coming up, we are starting to think about toy purchases. We are considering purchasing 1 or 2 Cozy Coupes (forive the typo in the heading - I can't change it!), but I wonder if it is worth the investment. Will they be bored with it before they turn 2? For those of you who have one, within what age range did your kiddos play with it?

Is there some other riding toy that is better - provides longer play time?

Thanks for your thoughts.

2. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

The cozy coupe has been *the* toy for our twin boys. They have used their coupes since they were one and are still loving them at 3 yrs. 9 months. I think they will be very sad when they can no longer fit in them. That said, our older DS liked his and got good use out of it, but it was nothing like the love affair our twins have with their "cars". :lol:

3. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

L&L have not had a cozy coupe, but we used to have one when the big kids were little. It was one of the most played with toys that we have ever had. Someone was always in that thing!

ETA fixed your typo in the title for you! ;)

4. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Definitely, 100% worth it, IMO. We only had 1, which was a battle between my 2, but they always loved it and all their friends had them and didn't get rid of them until they were 4!

You could always get one CC and one fire truck, or something like that.

5. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Definitely worth it! Both of ours were hand me downs. If you can, try to get two.

6. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Worth it! I had to buy a second one this summer. The one I already belonged to my oldest. They play with them ALL the time. Donevan, my oldest wil be 4, and he STILL Plays with it.

7. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Worth every penny! I found one at a tag sale for $2! Score! We got one for Annabella for her birthday(or Christmas)-so hers is much more updated! Like a pp, you could do a Cozy Coupe, and then do the police car version, or something similar. My boys are 4 and they still use them-and it's definitely something that is fought over!

8. rissakaye

rissakaye Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My kids are 7 and they were still cramming themselves into the one at Grandma's house this past w/e.......

Marissa

9. mama_dragon

mama_dragon Well-Known Member

100% worth it. We bought 2 when they were about the age of your girls. Definitely worthwhile to have 2. It would never have worked with only one. Not at that age. Luckily I found them on sale. You might watch the ads between now and Christmas. They are 33 months and play with them daily.

10. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

200000000000000000000000000% worth it. We had 1 and bought a second because they fought over it all the time. Mine LOVE their cozy coupes. They ride around the basement like pros. They carry their loveys in there, pretend to gas up the car, and even push each other around. Mine are 27 months.

11. Janclamat

Janclamat Well-Known Member

Definitely worth it. We originally bought 1. Then they fought constantly over it so this year we bought the police car one. Then our 22 month old was fighting over it wanting to be a big girl too so we got one from a garage sale for $5! I saw someone said their 7 year olds were still playing in them. I guess we still might have to get one more in a year and a half! My girls pretend to go to the grocery store and Tim Hortons a lot.

12. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

My girls used to ride double. At six they still occasionally try to get in it

13. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

My kids are 4 1/2 and still play with these. I think they are definitely worth the investment.

14. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My sister gave us hers when the kids were little. All three of them still use it (at 4 and 6). Definitely worth the money.

15. kgar

kgar Well-Known Member

I agree with everyone else. Cozy coupes are definitely on our top-ten list of most-used toys. Look for them on Craigslist. You can always find them there, sometimes in like-new shape if they were kept inside or in a garage. But they sell quickly.

16. DblStuffOreo

Thank you! I got a bit hasty there.

17. DblStuffOreo

Thanks for all of the input. I appreciate you helping me "invest" wisely in toys. With money a bit tighter this year, I want to get the most bang for my holiday buck. As your posts confirm, sometimes buying just one doesn't work with twins. I predict we'll probably need two. If it was a passing phase, I was going to start now trying to find them on Craig's List. But since the overwhelming consensus is that kids like these for some time, I am going to head to Toys R Us, where they are on sale for $10 off!

Thanks everyone!

18. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

we got 2 coupes from an old friend that used to have a daycare (when the twins were about 2) - they were STILL playing with them this summer! We do have to get rid of them though - they are practically walking on their knees in them LOL

19. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I know you want to buy new but honestly, they are made of such thick plastic, they are practically indestructable. Also, they are a bit of a PITA to put together. If money is tight and you want to get the coupes plus something else for christmas, I say buy used coupes and save your money for other presents.

20. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Just to ditto what she said...both of our coupes are 6 years old, they were our oldest DS's (1 for home, 1 at grandparents), and they are totally fine. They are a really thick plastic, I don't think you can go wrong with used ones if you want to save money.

21. Shohenadel

Shohenadel Well-Known Member

I have 4 kids....all of them loved this toy. They are usually readily available at yard sales and on Craigslist, etc. That's where we have gotten ours over the years.

shannon

22. DblStuffOreo

Hmm. Maybe, I will still consider Craig's List and save my TRU receipt if I buy now. My concern with used items here in Arizona is sun damaged plastic. Things left in the sun get baked to a crisp. With year round sun, most kids toys like the coupes are kept outside. Sun baked plastic gets very brittle and cracks, leaving sharp, jagged edges for tiny fingers and legs to get snagged on - not fun.

23. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That's exactly why I'm also thinking new- Colorado sun isn't quite so harsh, but it does bleach out toys and bake the plastic.

24. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

I am the only one to say that it was not worth it for us. Our twins Rarely played with it, so we gave it away when the kids were just over 3. They only played with it for a total of a few minutes/wk, and many weeks it went untouched.

25. DblStuffOreo

Friday, I went to TRU to buy the Coupes. The Coupes were $10 off each (or $49.99), plus TRU had a coupon in their last mailer for $10 off your $75 or more toy purchase, PLUS Little Tykes ran an in-store sale that you got a free toy ($24.99 or less value) with your $50 or more purchase. Bottom line for me Friday was $125 in toys for $70. SWEET!!!

26. Kessedi

Kessedi Well-Known Member

Oh, trust me, cozy coupes are a good investment. My children love them, so even though they were quite pricy, I'm glad I bought them.

27. Mark Black

Mark Black Member

I agree with you, a cozy coupe seems like a good purchase for a child since my son still plays with it, even though he's almost five. Talking about investments, I can say that it's beneficial to invest in your child's entertainment, but also in your income to be able to afford something like that, so I like British Bitcoin Profit because I can get additional income there, and I think you can check it out.