Crappy A/V quality on Signing Time DVD?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by SweetpeaG, Mar 24, 2007.

1. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

I just received my first (vol. 1) Signing Time DVD. I can't believe what crappy audio/video quality it is. The audio keeps blipping out along with the video, which freezes, then resumes, but not smoothly.

Anyone else have this problem, or am I the lucky recipient of the world's most ghetto film editing?

2. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

I can't remember (we haven't watched them for a while), but volumes 1-3 are definitely less professional that later volumes. The first 3 seem like they were made with a home video camera! My kids still liked them though. I liked the later ones alot better.

3. twindependent

twindependent Well-Known Member

It sounds like there is something wrong with your dvd and/or player. The first few ST videos are slowly paced, but there SHOULD NOT be any audio cutting in and out, or freeze frames. I know, because we still watch these alllllll the time (I'm just a wee bit tired of them myself!).

If you just bought it, I'd take or send it back ASAP! Your kids will love it, if it plays properly!

4. jem0622

jem0622 Well-Known Member

We've borrowed them from the library. No problems here!

5. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I did not have a problem with it when I took it out of the library. I would return it.

6. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

Good to hear...I just used the DVD player this morning, so I know it's working properly. I'll try it again in the morning before I call customer service.

Thanks everyone.

7. stacyann_1

stacyann_1 Well-Known Member

no .. that's definitely not normal. Maybe try cleaning it off with alcohol?

8. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

No, that's not normal. We have played our Signing Time #1 DVD over and over again with no problems. It is low budget looking, but the audio doesn't drop out or anything like that. It sounds like you got a damaged disc.

9. Tam1969

Tam1969 Well-Known Member

This doesn't answer your question but you may want to know it. Signing Time comes on the regular PBS stations(not pbs kids). Ours airs it Sunday nights at 6pm. I've set my DVR to record the series.