Craziest place you've changed a diaper

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by waitingpaitently20, Feb 27, 2009.

1. waitingpaitently20

waitingpaitently20 Well-Known Member

Well we took the boys out for the whole day and what an ordeal. Never did I ever imagine how hard it would be to find a changing table. So far today I had to change diapers in the trunk of my SUV, on my lap in the front passanger side of the car and on the side of a tiny sink of a public bathroom. I'm sure this is only the start to interesting diaper changes. Thank goodness I didn't have any explosive diapers. This is the first time we have really taken them out for the whole day (they are eleven weeks old) and I think I am good for another 11 weeks LOL. On top of all the stuff I had to bring for them plus my pump parts and having to pump in the car I think I have had my fill for a while. It is so nice to be back home and back into my routine.

2. bebedoc

bebedoc Well-Known Member

I took my son on his first airplane trip when he was 3 1/2 months old. Wouldn't you know as soon as the plane took off, the little stinker pooped. It stunk to high heaven!! I had to change his diaper in the teeny tiny bathroom on the plane. That's one diaper change I'll never forget. :)

3. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

QUOTE(waitingpaitently20 @ Feb 28 2009, 01:07 AM) [snapback]1208969[/snapback]
    So far today I had to change diapers in the trunk of my SUV, on my lap in the front passanger side of the car...
    I've done these! I've also changed them on my lap (or right next to me) in a restaurant booth b/c it was either that or a dirty floor of a bathroom. I didn't think a sink you work.

4. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

We've done diaper changes in the back of our station wagon, on the front passenger seat, in an airplane bathroom, on a table in an airplane terminal, in the middle of a large auditorium during my hooding ceremony, in a large atrium on nice leather couches during a cocktail hour (don't know why they didn't have any changing tables in those bathrooms), in a coat check room at a yacht club on the floor, and on a sailboat. I can't wait until we are done with diapers.

5. VivGuest

VivGuest Well-Known Member

I haven't had too many odd places, but there was one time one of them was crying a lot while I was changing him at home on the changing table. I stuffed a boob in his mouth and nursed him while I finished changing him. Now I think I can officially say I'm a multi tasker. :D

6. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

LOL I guess I've been fortunate that most bathrooms have the change tables in them!

7. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Behind the bushes at Downtown Disney. It was quick and simple and nobody knew. :)

8. leokon

leokon Active Member

QUOTE(bebedoc @ Feb 28 2009, 03:05 AM) [snapback]1208984[/snapback]
    I took my son on his first airplane trip when he was 3 1/2 months old. Wouldn't you know as soon as the plane took off, the little stinker pooped. It stunk to high heaven!! I had to change his diaper in the teeny tiny bathroom on the plane. That's one diaper change I'll never forget. :)

We went to Florida this January, and on our flight back my son had an EXPLOSIVE DIAPER while we were landing!!!! After we landed they kept us on the plane for almost an hour before we could get out, we were told not to get up because the plane was still moving!! I had no choice but to change my son on the seat, thank god I had pad, diaper, wipes with my handy... I feel so sorry for the other passengers!!! The air conditioner does not work as well on the ground as it does in the air :) !!! We were stinking up the whole plane !!! I hope they will forgive us!!

9. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

the conference table at work! I took the kids in to see DH while on maternity leave and one of them took a dump in the office!

10. nutty-mom

nutty-mom Well-Known Member

On my lap during my son's international teakwondo tournament while I was sitting in the stands. In the trunk of my car, on the floor of our mini van, on the front seat of my mom's car and at a resturant on the booth seat.

11. Neumsy

Neumsy Well-Known Member

On my lap on a bench in Buckingham Palace. LOL!

12. Poohbear05

Poohbear05 Well-Known Member

On the table at KFC (used a changing pad and cleaned up after myself, they didn't have a changing table in the restroom) in the carseat, while still buckled in, going down the PA Turnpike at 70mph! THAT was a lesson in skill, let me tell you, but one of the girls did NOT like being dirty, and DH couldn't pull over anywhere.....

Numerous changes in the cars, on laps, chairs, etc.

13. VivGuest

VivGuest Well-Known Member

QUOTE(blueclouds @ Mar 1 2009, 05:17 AM) [snapback]1209877[/snapback]
    in the carseat, while still buckled in, going down the PA Turnpike at 70mph! THAT was a lesson in skill, let me tell you, but one of the girls did NOT like being dirty, and DH couldn't pull over anywhere.....

Now that's impressive. :clapping:

14. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Im bad! I will chance them anywhere if there is nobody around. We have been at Barnes and Noble and the boys have been playing with the Thomas the Train table they have there and if nobody is in the section, I will go behind a book shelf and change them right there. I am super fast!!!

Oh and also, always in the trunk of the minivan! Well, not in the winter because it is too cold!