Creative ones come hither, and everyone else too! :)

Discussion in 'General' started by megkc03, Feb 20, 2015.

1. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Alrighty. If you don't know already, I am a very indecisive person. VERY. And when I do something, I have to do it PERFECTLY. And I need to VISUALIZE it, otherwise, I hem and haw and it takes me FOREVER to get started, and then I lose sleep trying to get things done. 

My sil is due in 6 weeks with her first baby. YAY! She is having a boy. :) Her dh is an avid hunter. The baby's room is going to be woodland animals. For my best friend's baby shower I made her a bookcase. I painted it white, added stars in yellow/green(she didn't know what she was having). And I put a Dr. Seuss quote on top(Oh the places you go). 

I bought my SIL a bookcase(unfinished), that I want to paint. But here is where I hem and haw. In my mind, I wanted to do it Dr. Seuss themed-on one side I would do the Cat in the Hat. On the other side, One Fish Two Fish. The shelves I could do ABC's, or something. I don't know. I haven't gotten that far.

OR, should I do it woodland animals? My thought process into NOT doing that, is that the theme will change. Probably sports if I were to guess. Dr. Seuss is somewhat timeless, in my opinion. I was going to do Eric Carle, but I thought that was more for the younger ones, where as Dr. Seuss has more leeway for the older group. 

So, WWYD? Stick with my original plan? The color on the walls is a green, light, kinda gray tone to it. So then of course, I debate what color to paint the whole thing. 

Anyone have an eye mask they can throw on me and just tell me to do it??!??

2. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Hmm, your idea sounds good, but don't you call and ask them what they prefer? They may think it's great or they may prefer to go with their theme. There's no harm in checking with them. 

3. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

Depending on what they consider woodland creatures (cartoony or realistic), would change my answer. I'd actually think realistic woodland animals will "grow" with the child more then Dr. Seuss.

1 person likes this.
  4. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

This is my thought, too.  I think some kind of not too cutesy animals would be able to grow with the child more. 

Since the walls are light green what about a darker green and some lighter colored animals on it - like brown deer, etc.?

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think I like what Jenn said, I would try to do the woodland animals if you can.  The Dr. Seuss idea is also adorable but I think woodland animals would grow with them.

Not that I should be the person to ask, my daughter still has her baby snoopy nursery stuff up on her walls and in her room.  She loves Snoopy and doesn't want it taken down.

6. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

I'd go woodland animals too.

7. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

You could do a basic forest theme, without the animals.  I love the Dr. Suess idea, but I think the colors (typically bright colors) wouldn't go very well in the rest of the room.  

2 people like this.