creepy rash all over...eek!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by twindependent, Dec 17, 2006.

1. twindependent

twindependent Well-Known Member

First I noticed a little on Nolan's thighs. Then a little under Conrad's arm. Now Conrad is covered in it. We just kicked a little eczema on C.'s belly, but this is different- it's just a little pinkish but it feels like sandpaper. So now it's on a lot of both boys' bodies. There don't seem to be any other symptoms- no fever, maybe a little irritable but barely more than usual. [​IMG]

What IS this? I will call the doctor, but he doesn't come in until 9am tomorrow! It's driving me nuts (and I'm not even the one with the rash).

Thanks for ANY help you can give!

2. twindependent

First I noticed a little on Nolan's thighs. Then a little under Conrad's arm. Now Conrad is covered in it. We just kicked a little eczema on C.'s belly, but this is different- it's just a little pinkish but it feels like sandpaper. So now it's on a lot of both boys' bodies. There don't seem to be any other symptoms- no fever, maybe a little irritable but barely more than usual. [​IMG]

What IS this? I will call the doctor, but he doesn't come in until 9am tomorrow! It's driving me nuts (and I'm not even the one with the rash).

Thanks for ANY help you can give!

3. twindependent

Oh! And DH and I have racked our brains and can't think of any changes to diets, laundry, etc. that might have triggered this. ARGH!

4. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

Bea had a strange rash kind of like that. I never really figured out what it was, called the doctor and was told "random virus, no need to bring her in unless something else is going on". It was on her arms and legs, belly, and cheeks. It was worse when she was hot in any way, like just waking up, and when we spent the day at a fair. She never had any fever, or seemed uncomfortable or sick. It went away in about a week I think.

5. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

At various times, my kids have had that kind of rash and I've always been told it was a virus. If it doesn't go away, take them in. But otherwise, it'll just run it's course. If it were something weird, like rings or large spots or pussy bumps, I wouldn't wait.

6. BettiePage

BettiePage Well-Known Member

Agree with PPs -- unless it doesn't go away after a few days, it's probably a virus. Natalie had a totally random rash once last winter and was pretyt much fine otherwise, and we took her to the pedi, who deemed it a virus that would just go away after a few days. Said it was pretty common.

7. jacob+twinsmom

jacob+twinsmom Well-Known Member

Alex has something like that all over his stomach and back. I can't figure out if it is a virus or dry skin. I bought Aveeno baby cream and have noticed a tremendous improvement. You may want to try that.

8. Party of FIVE

Party of FIVE Active Member

My Megan had a "viral" rash over the summer, no other symptoms. I used 1% hydrocortisone sparingly (but not on the face) all over her body and would alternate with Eucerin ointment. When she became itchy and annoyed, I gave her 1/2 the dose of benedryl once in the am and before bed, I didn't want to knock her out! Good luck with the creepy's!