Crib Setup when sharing room?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by jhart923, Aug 23, 2009.

1. jhart923

jhart923 Well-Known Member

When I was feeding them early this morning i starting thinking about when they get older and the setup of their cribs. I'm curious how others have them setup. Right now, we have them next to each other on the same wall with some shelving in-between. was wondering when they get older, where they can sit up and see each other, if would be better to have then the same way or change it to be across from each other?

2. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ours across from one another...they used to pull on the crib bumpers before I took them out and play peek-a-boo with each other:)

[​IMG]

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

Ours were also right next to each other when they were little. When they started standing up, moving around more, I separated them, and put them across the room from each other.

4. ambernruby

ambernruby Well-Known Member

Our set up is just like this and it works well so far. Not sure i will be saying that when they realise the other is right there next to them!

5. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

Mine are across from each other. It's really the only way to set up our nursery. It's worked well so far, but we'll see what happens as they get older.

6. tundrababy

tundrababy Well-Known Member

Ours are in an L-shape - so far the boys haven't noticed each other, so it works for now.

7. ssb2e

ssb2e Well-Known Member

Ours are side by side on the same wall. I think it will be fine.

8. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ours will probably be in an L shape or side by side, it's going to be the only way to get everything in their little room together! ;)

9. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

We had them in an L shape for the first year then we moved and they ended up end to end with about 18in or so in between the ends. They would pass things back and forth but it was just a bit to far for them to feel comfortable to try to climb into the other's crib. My only concern with your setup now would be the shelves when they start to pull up. Just make sure they are anchored well and there isn't anything on them that they could hurt themselves with.

10. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

We had them in an L-shape for a long time and then when they got older and moved them into beds, we put them on opposite walls.

11. jhart923

jhart923 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. I didn't even think about anchoring the shelves I have inbetween. We're going to keep them on the same wall for now but when they get older I'll see how they are. Our room is on the smaller side so there are not too many options. Thanks again.

12. Carrie27

Carrie27 Well-Known Member

We had them on opposite walls for the first 10 months, and we just recently put them in an L shape. They were just talking and talking to each other, and now they are doing better with naps (especially when one decides to not nap).

13. HorseyLover

HorseyLover Well-Known Member

Glad you posted this topic. My DH and I are just preparing the babies room, and were thinking about where to put the cribs. It looks like it works out whether they are next to each other, or a little separated, or L-shape. I guess we'll see how the cribs fit in the room and how they do.