Crib tents--will standard work?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Marian, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Marian

Marian Well-Known Member

One side (the long sides) is slightly taller than the other; does anyone happen to know if a standard crib tent will work on this kind of crib? I'd like to get something to not only help prevent little ones from hurting themselves while trying to escape, but also keep their stuffed animal/pacifier/blanket/pillow in the crib (they like to throw them out and then whine until someone comes to fix it).

2. Marian

Marian Well-Known Member

One side (the long sides) is slightly taller than the other; does anyone happen to know if a standard crib tent will work on this kind of crib? I'd like to get something to not only help prevent little ones from hurting themselves while trying to escape, but also keep their stuffed animal/pacifier/blanket/pillow in the crib (they like to throw them out and then whine until someone comes to fix it).

3. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

It seems like everyone here recommends the Cozy Crib Tent II like THISwhere the tent goes all the way down the sides, but the originalversion just attaches to the rails, so maybe that would fit your cribs better? Although I guess they could still throw things between the slats... I guess you could always get one and return it if it didn't work?

4. Marian

Marian Well-Known Member

Thank you for the response! :) I'll give one (or both, depending how one works out) a shot.

5. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

I'd try the Cozy Crib Tent II and if it doesn't fit, return it. One of the best things about the tent is that they simply can NOT throw their stuff out and cry about it. Almost as valuable as the peace of mind that they aren't teetering on the edge themselves.

I hope it works!

6. jayandkel

jayandkel Well-Known Member

we had this same thing, and we had one of each crib tent, because we got a I on ebay and a II at the store. I liked the II because stuff couldn't fall out and they couldnt put their hands out and try to unzip it. However as far as fitting the bed, the I fit better, simply because the netting that goes under the mattress on the II is the same length all the way around, so the way we had it attached meant that the back of the matteress actually floated up a little. when someone was laying in it, it wasnt a big deal, but the mattressdidnt lay flat by itself. Not sure if i'm explaining it well. We also have thick rails along the top of the bed, so the velcro that was supposed to go around the top railings wasnt long enough, so i had to get someextra velcro to lengthen the straps... anyhow, we ha to rig it up a little ( all safely of course)but we used them for over a year, and just recenly switched to toddler beds. Good luck!
    Kelly

7. jem0622

jem0622 Well-Known Member

I was fortunate enough to receive the standard type from another twin mom. They do us just fine, but I have noticed that they fit best on a standard crib (no raised areas on any sides). I did get it to fit on the other crib that does not have the standard top though.

8. Marian

Marian Well-Known Member

Thanks again :) I'll try the II first and see how it goes.