cups that DONT LEAK!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by newtothis, Oct 6, 2011.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

i use the playtex clip cups that are 'leakproof' and they su*k.
    they leak all over my kids beds, ooze water through the straw, etc.

are there ANY cups that don't leak??? straw cups, preferably?

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had luck with the Munchkin straw cups, as long as the drink does not get stuck in the top of the straw. I also like the Tommie Tippee cups too.

3. slugrad1998

slugrad1998 Well-Known Member

I only like straw cups at the table. We have been using the Tommie tippee "water bottle" style and they are great for the bed, the playroom, etc.

4. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

We have the stainless steel thermoses by "foogo" I think. they are a flip top with a straw. they are AWESOME! I needed an insulated cup for their lunchboxes and wanted stainless steel so it was the way to go... though they are approx $15+ each...

yeah, I think any straw cup is going to leak in a bed though... we used the hard spout cups for beds when we let them have them in bed. I think most of those with the hard spouts would be fine, nothing to lean on and leak.

5. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

I've tried every straw cup/sippy out there. Munchkin. Playtex. Tommee Tippee. Nuby. And ALL of them leaked!!! Some worse than others. Of course, I didn't realize how much I hated each of those straw sippies until AFTER I bought 6-8 of each of them. The only sippy cup we have ever allowed in the cribs are Playtex Lil Gripper Spout sippies with the valves. Those never have leaked in the cribs. In fact, I have been so fed up with straw sippies that I went and bought more of the Playtex Lil Gripper spout sippies to use throughout the day. Our boys have had no issues with figuring out that spout sippies need to be turned up, which is opposite of the straw sippies.

I also went on a buying spree a while back of little Tervis brand cups with lids (sold at Bed Bath and Beyond). They are so cute and the perfect size for little hands and I figure they'll make good cups for when the boys outgrow spout/straw sippies. But the lids start to tear below the spout after a few months. And our boys still like to turn them upside down and shake them. Grrr! So I don't forsee us using anything but spout sippies with VALVES for quite a while.

6. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

We have the stainless steel insulated ones by Thermos and they don't leak as long as you get the lid on correctly and don't over fill them. We purchased ours at Target.

7. debbie_long83

debbie_long83 Well-Known Member

I think at some point all of our cups have leaked... Usually it's because some of the liquid gets caught in the top, like others mentioned. I do like straw cups though.

8. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I also don't think there is a totally leakless cup out there. My oldest is 9 yrs old and the best cups I ever had were the original playtex sippy cups. They have since changed the design and now I find it leaks around the edge of the lid more than it used to. I loved the old ones and wish they hadn't changed them. They used to be able to take a beating and rarely rarely rarely leaked!

9. Lynn76

Lynn76 Well-Known Member

We have the Thermos cups here too. They each got one in their stocking last year. I really like them but, yeah, they leak too but not bad. We also have the Kleen Kanteen cups w/the sippy top. Those do really well but if the collar isn't tight enough, it can leak. I have had to twist it again after filling it thinking it was on tight enough and it wasn't. I just double check it.

10. mtnmama

mtnmama Well-Known Member

I went through all sorts of sippy cups and finally figured out that the Playtex ones they sell in grocery stores with the hard tops are the best for us. They don't leak, are cheap so if we lose one it's not big deal and can stand up to my kids chewing the heck out of them. I can throw one filled with water in the kids' beds in the middle of the night and they never leak.

They don't have a straw, but the straws kind of gross me out since they are difficult to clean.

11. marcymiller

marcymiller Well-Known Member

Tommee Tippee!!!!!! They ONLY leak if the plastic valve under the lid gets knocked loose like after someone throws it on the tile:) They saved my carpet:))

12. LMW1015

LMW1015 Well-Known Member

I have gone through a lot of sippy cups trying to find a leak proof one. The straw ones and anything with a soft spout don't work for my kids at all (they pound the squishy part on the table just to make a mess!). The best ones I've found are Playtex Insulator (http://www.amazon.com/Playtex-Insulator-Colors-Story-Designs/dp/B002NGNF60/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1319288188&sr=8-4). I've had most of them for almost 2 years now and they're still working great. As long as the plastic valve is in there tight I have never had any issues. They're the only ones I will use.

13. Lynn76

Lynn76 Well-Known Member

I bought these cups Cool Sipper. While they don't have a spout, they are a nice transition from a spout cup to a regular cup. I filled it up and tipped it upside down and nothing came out. I did shake it a a few drops came out. There isn't a valve so I was weary of it but I think I like them for at the table.

Another one I am looking at, and it's made in the USA is USA Kids Cute designs! I am getting the Circus ones today. I am hoping they don't leak or not that bad!