Curious about which infant car seat & travel systems have been well liked

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Tier1Terrier, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Tier1Terrier

Tier1Terrier Active Member

Like the topic says, I'm curious to know from new & recent parents of infants to 2yo TWINS what infant car seats & travel systems are most liked.

2. lilybay

lilybay Well-Known Member

We used Graco SnugRide 32 car seats and a Double Snap N Go until the boys were about 8 months old. In retrospect, we should have just used the regular SnugRide seats: the boys never got close to the weight limit but they were so heavy to carry by 8 months!
    Now they are in Graco MyRide seats. We have a Maclaren Twin Triumph and a Baby Trend Navigator (jogger) for strollers. We've been happy with everything we have. Hope that helps!

3. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I know you said up to 2 yr old twins but I just thought I'd mention, I've love graco products and used the regular Graco Snugride's for all 4 of my kids :) I used a double snap n go with the twins until 3 months old, then switched them to Britax Marathon car seats, and a Combi Twin Sport stroller with reclining seats.

4. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I also used Graco snugride carrier/seats for all my kids, and the Graco DuoGlider for the twins. Never had a problem with any of them and the quality is awesome. In fact, the DuoGlider is still being used by friends of mine to this day and my twins are 7.

5. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

We used Graco Snugride seats and Double Snap and Go from the beginning until 9 months. At 9 months we switched to Britax Advocate convertible car seats and they are great. We have a Baby Jogger Summit XC double stroller - and that was great from 3-4 months on, and it can still be used, it's a great stroller, but my kids are 2 and they refuse to go in it. The reason we still keep it is that we are thinking to bring it with us the first time we take them to Orlando, but it's storred in the box, and we won't use it unless we go to Orlando. They stopped going in the stroller around 18 months, for now we walk with them and we have a Radio Flyer wagon that we use when they get tired - for some reason the will go in that, but not in the stroller - even if the stroller has a susspension and real tires so in my opinion is more comfortable than the wagon :). The wagon has been great for trips to the zoo or theme parks or long walks, but they don't stay in it for too long, it's a "just in case they get tired" thing. When we go shopping we just put them in shopping carts.

6. j-squared

j-squared Well-Known Member

We have a Graco SnugRide (22 lb) and a Chicco Keyfit (22 lb) that we are using for our twins with a Double Snap N Go. I prefer the Chicco car seat, but both are fine. Hated the Chicco Cortina stroller that we had for DS1 (the one the keyfit snaps into--it was fine for snapping the car seat into, but was big, bulky and hard to fit in the car trunk and it had too much recline once DS got bigger). We have a City Mini Double that we use around the neighbourhood and it goes into the back of our van easily, but it's a bit bulky. Great stroller though--fits through all doors and is easy to steer.

I know some people who use the high-weight infant seats, but my kids were average or below average weight and height. That said, we still moved DS1 into a convertible at 8 months because it was more upright and he could see better (and was happier). I'm about ready to move the twins already as they are starting to show signs of being fussy in the infant seats (plus DS2 is already over 18 pounds so closing in on the weight limit). The Double SnapNGo does get harder to push the heavier they are so I can't imagine having two babies in infant seats at 20+ pounds and pushing them in the SNG.

7. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

Unless you have a huge car, don't get the Evenflo Momentum it is HUGE! My older daughter has it and it takes up practically the entire rear bench of my minivan. Plus, it's so tall that I can't see out the back. FAIL FAIL FAIL.

8. Tier1Terrier

Tier1Terrier Active Member

Wow, It's interesting to see the resounding approval of the Graco Snugrides combined with the Snap & Go's. This is exactly what my wife had already put on her baby shower registry, but we weren't 100% sure about those choices. Now we feel much better. Thanks for all the replies!