curious- how many of us are left at 35+ weeks?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by tammygb, Sep 16, 2007.

1. tammygb

tammygb Well-Known Member

there have been so many babies born in the last week or so, i'm wondering is anyone left over 35 weeks?

2. dmarie

dmarie Well-Known Member

QUOTE(tgbmomofthree @ Sep 16 2007, 07:48 PM) [snapback]410529[/snapback]
    there have been so many babies born in the last week or so, i'm wondering is anyone left over 35 weeks?

I'm 35 weeks 4 days. I'm feeling like I can make it to 37 or 38 weeks. How about you?

3. tammygb

tammygb Well-Known Member

QUOTE(dmarie @ Sep 16 2007, 09:04 PM) [snapback]410558[/snapback]
    I'm 35 weeks 4 days. I'm feeling like I can make it to 37 or 38 weeks. How about you?

i think that i will go until 37 - 38 weeks. we'll see, though. what's your prediction?

4. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(tgbmomofthree @ Sep 16 2007, 08:48 PM) [snapback]410529[/snapback]

I'm here, I'll be 37 weeks tommorrow. I have an ob appt Wednesday, if I don't go before then the doc is talking about induction, my bp has been creeping up the last few visits. We'll see what happens, but I have a feeling I may not make it to Wed, my system has started "cleaning out" (sorry, way tmi).

5. mandieolivia

mandieolivia Well-Known Member

still here...

6. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(xavier2001 @ Sep 16 2007, 08:15 PM) [snapback]410582[/snapback]
    my system has started "cleaning out" (sorry, way tmi).

okay, this is going to sound REEEEALLLY stupid, but by this do you mean, bowel movement (or poop hehe)? are you just going more, or is it diarrhea? okay, i know that sounds really gross and personal, but i just want to know, cuz i've been going twice a day, which is unlike me

sorry if that was a personal question! just trying to figure out what my deal is... :blush:

7. xavier2001

Diarrhea started today, I have been constipated up until now. . .this is going to be way way way tmi, but it's the kind that completely empties out your system, pure liquid. I'm hoping that it is an early labor sign and not just the fish I ate for dinner from Olive Garden, it's never bugged my stomach before. But I'm not getting my hopes up quite yet. . .it's probably just wishful thinking.

8. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(xavier2001 @ Sep 16 2007, 10:59 PM) [snapback]410770[/snapback]
    Diarrhea started today, I have been constipated up until now. . .this is going to be way way way tmi, but it's the kind that completely empties out your system, pure liquid. I'm hoping that it is an early labor sign and not just the fish I ate for dinner from Olive Garden, it's never bugged my stomach before. But I'm not getting my hopes up quite yet. . .it's probably just wishful thinking.

thank you! and don't worry about tmi... i asked for the info lol!
    and that's not my issue - whew - these babies still need a few more weeks to cook!

9. dr802

dr802 Well-Known Member

I am 35 weeks and 1 day....still hanging in-after a week passes I focus on the next week, b/c I can't imagine how much bigger and uncomfortable I could possibly get! My dr said i can make it to 37 weeks...how do they know that?!

[​IMG]

10. caryanne07

caryanne07 Well-Known Member

WOW Ladies! You are all doing fantastic. Keep up the good work and keep us all posted on your progress.

Just 5 more weeks til 35 for me...

11. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

Still here. I'll be 38 weeks on Wednesday, but I'm having the boys on Thursday.

Keep up the good work, ladies! Y'all are doing a great job! :D

12. monique+2

monique+2 Well-Known Member

Still here 37 weeks on Wednesday. I will be having the twins in a week and a half, maybe sooner you never know.

13. dmarie

dmarie Well-Known Member

I've felt a few BH's. It's kinda making me think twice about going to 37 weeks. Do all of you have a lot of BH's?? I'm getting nervous..

14. xavier2001

I didn't have alot of BH until about a week ago, now I mainly get them at night, they are getting progressively stronger. There have been a few nights now that I thought something was going to start, but nope, the contractions go away. I have been having alot of cramping though, which the ob says is a good sign that my cervix is doing what it should. As long as I feel the babies moving I refuse to go to the hosptial unless my water breaks or the contractions are consisently close together, which hasn't happened yet.

15. dr802

dr802 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(xavier2001 @ Sep 17 2007, 10:15 AM) [snapback]411104[/snapback]
    I didn't have alot of BH until about a week ago, now I mainly get them at night, they are getting progressively stronger. There have been a few nights now that I thought something was going to start, but nope, the contractions go away. I have been having alot of cramping though, which the ob says is a good sign that my cervix is doing what it should. As long as I feel the babies moving I refuse to go to the hosptial unless my water breaks or the contractions are consisently close together, which hasn't happened yet.

I asked my dr about the nighttime contractions b/c I was feeling them more too and thought I was going into labor one night last week-he said it is completely normal b/c the babies are more active at night causing the contractions and it is the #1 reason why women go to the L&D at night and are sent home...I have been cramping more too-I am hoping my water breaks as a sure sign, but they say only 30% of pgs the water will break on its own. We'll see what happens...

[​IMG]

16. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

I am 35 weeks and 1 day. Still hanging in there, but not sure for how much longer!!!

17. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

I am 35 weeks today! I too dont' know how much longer I can go since the twins seem to be slowing down with movement and last time I asked the dr about it she said they do grow out of room and that is when you go into labor.

I have an appt on Thursday and we shall see if I can make it until then. None of the dr's that I have seen have scheduled me for an NST or BPP so they must think everything is fine....I guess. I will ask Thursday.

I am getting anxious though, ready to meet these babies since they are 5 years in the making and these last weeks left seem like an eternity.

Good luck to everyone about to deliver!!!!!

18. daisydoll

daisydoll Well-Known Member

I am here at 36 weeks. I wish I was one of those ladies posting about having their babies. The longer they are in there the better.

19. fluffhead

fluffhead Well-Known Member

I know I'm a little late to this thread, but I'm STILL here too, -- 35w4d today! I'm proud to say I've made it this far and hope they stay where they are for another week or so! Keep up all the good work, ladies -- we're almost there!

20. twins_n_AK

twins_n_AK Member

Looks like I'm the in the lead... 38+ days (39 on Thursday)... and the babies have not dropped, I don't feel any contractions, no effacement, no dilation, I still get around good (as good as one could with a belly like this)... so, who knows when they will come. My doc wanted them out by 38 weeks so we tried cervidil on Monday, nothing! So I will be back in this weekend to do something. Keep your fingers crossed

21. dr802

dr802 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Twins_n_AK @ Sep 19 2007, 02:36 PM) [snapback]414781[/snapback]
    Looks like I'm the in the lead... 38+ days (39 on Thursday)... and the babies have not dropped, I don't feel any contractions, no effacement, no dilation, I still get around good (as good as one could with a belly like this)... so, who knows when they will come. My doc wanted them out by 38 weeks so we tried cervidil on Monday, nothing! So I will be back in this weekend to do something. Keep your fingers crossed

That is incredible! I know you must feel so done and uncomfortable, but you have done a great job cooking and holding in those babies! I hope you ge to meet them real soon-I have my fingers crossed for you!

[​IMG]

22. bethburke

bethburke Member

I'm 35 weeks 1 day. I had my NST today 2 ultrsound techs had trouble finding Baby A's hb. It looked like they were right on top of each other. Finally after 1 1/2 hours they finally found the two separate heartbeats and we were good to go. Already they're little stinkers-keeping everyone on their toes. Last week I started to feel "different" belly was hard all the time new aches & pains and I've started "power-nesting" trying to get EVERYTHING done. Well sitting here typing this I noticed my feet looking ginormous - I guess I overdid it today. Need to put my feet up and drink that gallon of water!