Curious, how many of you went into labor on your own and how far along were u?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by TiffanyRH, Dec 27, 2012.

1. TiffanyRH

TiffanyRH Active Member

I'm curious to know how many of u went into labor on your own, not a scheduled C-section or induction and how far along were u?
    Tiffany

2. genagoodrow

genagoodrow Well-Known Member

Well, I kinda went into labor on my own at 39 weeks. Kinda. Had the beginnings of something at 38w5d, which I tried to move along with a 5 mile walk, heavy housework, nipple stim, castor oil. We ended up with healthy babes and the vaginal birth we had hoped for. But it wasn't particularly smooth. I think the twinkies would have preferred another week or two. Or maybe their position (both vertex) made it hard for either one to put the pressure on my cervix I needed to get going.

OTOH, they were my first, so maybe labor was going to be a little rocky whenever it came. Who knows? It all ended well!

Best wishes!

3. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

My water broke at 37.4 weeks. They weren't ready to come out, and I ended up with a csection, but I went into labor on my own!

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had a scheduled c/s at 38 weeks but went into labor naturally at 37w5d.

5. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had a scheduled repeat c/s for 37wks5days, but my water broke at 36wks1day. I did have a c/s for them anyways as it was my 3rd pregnancy.

6. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I had a scheduled c-section at 37+5 but apparently I was having contractions when I was admitted. With my singleton, the contractions I felt started on his due date.

7. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I didn't go into labor on my own with either of my pregnancies. The twins were induced at 40 weeks, my third was induced at 42. All of them were born naturally with no issues. I think my body is really good at making babies but has no idea how to get them out!

8. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was in what I would consider very early labor when I went in for my 34 week appointment. My OB swept my membranes without informing me or gaining my consent. By that evening I was having regular contractions & my girls arrived the next morning. So mostly spontaneous onset of labor.

9. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

With the twins, went into labor and delivered at 31 weeks via c-section (both boys were breech, labor could not be stopped). Also went into labor on my own with my subsequent singleton pregnancies at 36 and 38 weeks. Hang in there, Tiffany... you are in the home stretch!!!

10. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I went in to labor on my own at 39 weeks, 1 day. I was seriously considering an induction at my appointment the day before because my OB was off the next day (day I went into labor) and she was out of town for the two days after that. Plus I was just DONE. Luckily, she had it noted in my chart that she was to be called when I went in to labor and she came in on her day off to deliver my girls and do a c-section for someone else. If it hadn't been for that, I would have ended up with a c-section by the on-call doctor. As it was, I was able to avoid that and delivery went more smoothly with them than with my ODD.

I went in to labor on my own at 39 weeks, 1 day. I was seriously considering an induction at my appointment the day before because my OB was off the next day (day I went into labor) and she was out of town for the two days after that. Plus I was just DONE. Luckily, she had it noted in my chart that she was to be called when I went in to labor and she came in on her day off to deliver my girls and do a c-section for someone else. If it hadn't been for that, I would have ended up with a c-section by the on-call doctor. As it was, I was able to avoid that and delivery went more smoothly with them than with my ODD.

11. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Labor on my own somewhere between 28-29 weeks. By the time I got to the hospital I was 50% and 5cm. They tried to stop but no luck. They talked about possibly c-sec or vag and c-sec because baby a was vertex and b was transverse. But baby a head came out while they were doing the epidural and they were able to turn baby b, so they were born 2 mins apart.

12. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

I didn't with the twins, but did with my DD at 40 weeks 3 days.

13. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

I went into labor with all 5 of mine. 39 wks, 39 and 5, 33 and 3 with the boys (unstoppable, vag birth) and 39 and 4.

14. mommyto3girls

mommyto3girls Well-Known Member

I went into labor at 35 weeks 5 days. I ended up with a c section because they were both transverse.

15. astewart0610

astewart0610 Well-Known Member

I went into labor at 37+4 was planning vaginal birth but had emergency c. I also had membrane sweep 24 hrs prior

16. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

I had preterm labor at 30 weeks and got terbutaline to stop it and was out on bedrest. Had a couple more PTL episodes. Then at 37w5d I was still pregnant and ended up being induced. It was my 4th delivery. With all of my 6 kids, I went into labor twice and was induced 3 times. And of my 4 single babies, the earliest was born at 41 weeks.

17. mama_dragon

mama_dragon Well-Known Member

PTL at 28 weeks. They were able to stop it. My water broke at 32 wks 5 days and no stopping them from coming. They were born via c-section.

18. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

With my latest set of twins my water broke at 33w5d. They held me off and did the c/s at 34w. Two weeks of NICU time and the boys were home.

I went into labor with one of my singletons (my 3rd) at 38w5d. I went in at 3cm stretchy 4cm so they kept me. the contractions started lightly and just kept building.

19. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I went into labor at 33w6d with my twins but I didn't realize it, just went to the hospital bc I had pressure "down there"...they were born vaginally that night.
    My daughter was 39w6d while I was at work:)

For all 3 my water did not break, they broke my water with the twins (baby A) when I was around 6cm and baby b after A was born. With my daughter I was 8cm by the time I got to L&D and they broke it when I was probably 9cm:)

Good luck!

20. wvtwinmama

wvtwinmama Well-Known Member

Went into labor on my own at exactly 39 weeks and had them the next day at 39 and 1. Vaginal delivery.

21. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

I went into labor on my own 3 days before my scheduled c/s at 36 weeks 5 days. I was 5cm by the time I made it to the hospital. I'm hoping this labor goes as quickly!

22. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

I went into labor on my own at 36 weeks 2 days…

Elizabeth

23. Moonangel

Moonangel Member

37 weeks to the day...but I think I 'helped' it along by getting frisky with the hubby the night before.... ;0)

24. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

ya... um... my water broke during :FIFblush:

25. momof6

momof6 Well-Known Member

I went into labor on my own at 35 weeks 5 days. Got to the hospital at 1:35am (first contraction at 12) and they were born vaginal at 2am and 2:09am (baby B breech) no epidural, or even IV. Dr. didn't even gown and only had one glove on to catch baby A!! Fast and furious!!