Cute Moment of the Day

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by kingeomer, Sep 14, 2009.

1. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My Dad has been in the hospital for a few weeks and the kids have not been able to see him (unrelated, he'll be okay) Usually we try to talk to him every night before they go to bed. Today Sophia picks up the phone and holds it to her ear and says, "Pop-Pop...baby babble...Elmo...go for walk...babble...Pop-Pop" It looked like she was really having a conversation with him :wub:

Let's hear some more cute (or funny, scary, etc) stories :wub:

2. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

ahh Nancy that's sooo sweet! :wub: (glad your dad will be okay!)

My cute moment for the day is.. I put the twins to bed for a nap and they always spend about a half hour playing in their cribs and "talking" to each other. This morning I heard "momma, momma, momma" a bunch of times... They don't ever say that to me so it was cute to hear! And they were saying it in a sweet voice, not the normal screaming mad voice :laughing:

3. twinmuffin

twinmuffin Well-Known Member

So many cute moments this morning. First thing, when I got my girls up they weren't crying (they aren't morning people). They both sat on the potty chair this morning (although nothing came out) and talked to each other and were generally very sweet. Then in the car on the way to the baby sitters, they were sitting all quietly when a commercial came on for "Wicked". When they were playing the music, both of my girls started singing along. It was so cute!

4. sharerc

sharerc Well-Known Member

Ah kids are so cute!

This morning when I got the girls up they both had stuffy noses and Mallory has a cough. Anyway, you can tell Samantha is really stuffed up. So I was getting her changed and cleaned her nose. She just kept pulling at her nose saying "no, no nose." Kind of cute and sad for the child. LOL!

5. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

6. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I love that!

I don't know how cute my stories are, but the babies have started tattling and developed a memory. Anna bit Jack at daycare last week, and when Rick picked him up, he asked Jack if Anna bit him. Jack launched into this whole story while pointing at his arm, "Anna no, bad. Bite Jack. No. Anna bad." Rick said he went on for a few minutes like that.

And the love of Elmo is so cute. What is it about Elmo that makes toddlers love him so? I let them watch pbs videos on my laptop, so now they point at it and say "Elmo." When we are done, I tell them Elmo has to go bye bye and they say, "Bye bye Elmo." I love being able to communicate with them more!

7. Bridgett

Bridgett Well-Known Member

Madison cracks me up every morning when she said "shoes". Best way I can describe it is she sounds like she is saying it thru her nose - sounds like she is almost blowing her nose and saying it. She is obsessed with shoes.

Also, the girls love dancing in their car seats and they were doing that this morning, giggling at each other. My little hip hop babies..

8. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I guess yesterday was our official last day in here, BUT this morning I took the boys to the aquarium for their birthday then took them to Super Walmart to buy them their surprise birthday present. Goldfish! I told them before I got them out of the car and Jake looked at me like "are you serious???" then threw his hands in the air and clapped yelling "fish!" (or his version of it). They were super excited and stared at their fish bowl the entire time they ate lunch (not fish sticks today :laughing: ).

Great thread Nancy!

9. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

I have a story from this morning, but I'm not sure it's very cute...Nate has been feeling a bit rough (fever due to MMR shot), and I guess he was a little nauseated. He tottered over to the changing table, grabbed the changing pad, sat down and barfed in to it. Way to aim, Nate! :rotflmbo:

10. debbie_long83

debbie_long83 Well-Known Member

This morning when DH was bringing the girls out of their room, Hannah was crawling and Hailey was walking in front. Hailey kept turning around motioning at Hannah saying "c'mon!" Then whenever Hannah would stop, Hailey would say "Uh-Oh! c'mon!" lol...

11. twinmuffin

twinmuffin Well-Known Member

What is with the shoes? My girls are obsessed with their shoes as well. (They must get it from their mom).

12. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

my girls both have pretty bad diaper rash right now ( :( ) so we've been letting them run around naked for about a half hour before bed to help clear things up. frankly, there's absolutely nothing cuter than two naked baby bums toddling around. :wub:

13. foppa2102

foppa2102 Well-Known Member

elena has learned how to cross her fingers, and basically walks around all day with her fingers crossed, it's too cute.

14. kingeomer

I :wub: all of these stories!!!
    Mine tattle on each other too. I cannot figure out the pull Elmo has over toddlers but my two are beyond OBSESSED with him. My DH has the theory because Elmo is bright red and toddler like and that is the attraction. They pick up the remote and go "Elmo?" and look at the computer and ask, "Mommy, Elmo?" Sesame Street knew what they were doing when they created Elmo!

They just started saying one of our cats names. That is cute but they scream it at her and run after her, which freaks her out :laughing:

15. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:wub: Ahh... sweet!

16. jenanne

jenanne Well-Known Member

These stories are so sweet! I have no idea where she got this but my daughter kissed my cheek today, grabbed my face and turned it, and kissed the other cheek. So European! They both have a new desire to take pictures off of things like books and PJs. So they'll see a dog on their PJs and say "off off?" while nodding.

17. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

Ok, so here's my story. I don't know how cute it is, but I laughed. We started the day badly the boys have upset stomachs with diarrhea or something. So my husband, who's been complaining about the boys language development, comes up to me and says you'll never believe what you taught Mark to say. I'm thinking oh know the boy said f*ck or sh*t or some cuss word. My DH yells out "Poo, Poo." Well since he has diarrhea, the boy got to say it a whole lot today :0

And they both have started this new poo poo trend--they get really dramatic and start grunting and looking around for attention every time the poop. Now Mark grunts and says poo poo.

Yes, we had a very sh*tty day. The house smelled awful when I got back from work. LOL!

18. sullivanre

Nancy's story is so sweet.

And I love baby butts and naked babies in general. Of course, mine just bend over and try to look at their penises or grab them when they are naked.

19. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

the past few days the babies have started puckering up to give me kisses! so cute! and I love it!

of course even cuter is that sometimes my ds is nursing and my dd comes over and kisses his head.. so sweet!

20. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Such sweet stories!

We've started a new thing here when I put the boys to bed. We never really had a "ritual" for bedtime. Well one night about two weeks ago, dh was REALLY upset at the boys-and I'm a softie. Sometimes he just doesn't understand, but that's why there are mommies! LOL! So-I insisted I bring them to bed and he took the baby(I practically forced him to-the boys were sooo upset). I brought them upstairs, hyseterically crying.

I sat down in the glider and just held them as they cried...and tried to calm them down. I started singing songs. They laid their heads on me and calmed down. It was sweet.

The next night-I brought them to bed. We got to the top of the stairs. The boys ran into the bedroom and started hitting the chair going, "Momma! Momma!" I said, "Do you want Momma to sing you some songs?" Both boys started to giggle under their pacifiers(the giggling is a way of telling us yes). It was so sweet. I immediately pick them up and they lay their heads on my shoulders. We sing Old MacDonald and the ABC song-to which Nicholas kinda moans to-for whatever reason! I now look forward to putting them to bed. And if they are resisting going upstairs, all I have to say is, "Do you want Mama to sing?" And they come running!

Twins-I just LOVE having them!

21. bkpjlp

bkpjlp Well-Known Member

This happened at daycare yesterday. Lucas has been waking from his nap after only 1 hour. He usually just lays nicely on his cot, but yesterday he got up and walked over to Shawn's cot and started to poke him to wake him up. The boys started giggling together so the teachers had to seperate them so they wouldn't wake the other kids. I can just picture them giggling together.

22. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

They've starting dancing all the time. They play their toys with music and then Jack does this up and down thing with his arms - the stereotypical "white guy" dance - and Anna turns back and forth. They look like the dancing on a Peanuts cartoon!

23. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

these stories are all so cute!

tonight in the tub, ivana was "washing" marina's back and shoulders, then marina turned around and "washed" ivana's hair and face.

24. dtomecko

dtomecko Well-Known Member

Today I took them on a wagon ride. They kept hugging each other and laughing hysterically. Luckily I had my camera phone!

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp300/dtomecko/sillywagonhug.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp300/dtomecko/wagonhug.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp300/dtomecko/wagon-1.jpg

25. kingeomer

Adorable :wub:

26. daniv

daniv Well-Known Member

My cute story is only for one of the boys.... Greyson has started to make vroom vroom sounds when he is pushing a truck. It sounds more like shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh but he is trying. I just had to smile when I caught him doing this today. :D

27. sullivanre

You guys remind me what I love about this age. They are so freakin' cute.

28. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We went apple picking the other day and of course the boys wanted nothing to do with their lunch we bought them. I ate half of a wrap and let Anthony take a bite. Well, Nicholas wanted a bite and Anthony happily shared! This is what took place-for quite awhile!

http://www.twinstuff.com/forum/uploads/1250904288/gallery_24200_372_451693.jpg

29. Melissatwins84

Melissatwins84 Well-Known Member

I have two stories from yesterday that were adorable and made my heart melt.

- We were in the van coming back from the store. We were almost home and he had not had a nap yet and he was beyond exhausted. So he would fall asleep, but I tried to keep him up because we were literally three minutes from home! I would say "Drake hunny wake up"... he instantly woke up and had the cutest brightest smile, then I looked at him (hubby was driving) and he would be asleep no more than two seconds after that bright smile. So I said it again "Drake hunny wake up we are almost home, then it will be nap time". He woke up again with a bright sweet smile. I watched him, he would fall back to sleep instantly. He did this about 3-4 times. Then I kept saying "Drake sweetheart... wake up.." He would be sleeping, and still crack a smile, then stop the smile, and drool came down his face... I talked again, he would smile but still be asleep! It was soooooooooo sweet. I was cracking up laughing so hard I was crying. I needed that moment as I was having a rough week. Unfortunately he thought that two minute nap was long enough he didn't sleep during nap time. However it was worth it.

- During bath time my hubby got my son out of the bath, took him in their room to change him etc. I watched my daughter. We have this big cup that was used in the NICU to warm their bottles that we still have today to rinse their hair/bodies. My daughter would fill it up, and drink the water I said "Kera ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww YUK" she would laugh hysterically, and did it again. Over and over I kept saying EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW she thought it was sooooooooooooo hilarious. I love listening to babies laugh, and it's so funny when they are cracking up, so I was cracking up and had another moment w/ tears and laughter.

30. ckreh

ckreh Well-Known Member

Max decided to empty the toy box blocking the VCR and pull it to the center of the room so he could get to the VCR. He did this about 4 times so he could push the buttons on the VCR. It amazes me how a 16 month old's mind works. The fact that he figured out that if he emptied the toy box he could drag it out of the way :woah: .

31. amelowe9

amelowe9 Well-Known Member

This afternoon DD kept lifting up DS's shirt, pointed at his bellybutton and cracked up! Then she lifted up her shirt, touched hers, and laughed. Eventually DS started laughing everytime his sister lifted up his shirt. So adorable! :wub:

32. Valyre

Valyre Well-Known Member

Alex woke up early from his nap and was starving. I was feeding him and looked over at Zach. Zach would open his eyes really wide and give me a giant grin. Then his eyes would start to close and he would fall back asleep. A few seconds later, his arms would shoot out and his eyes would go wide. I'd get that big gummy grin and then the lids would start closing again. He must have tried about 5 times to wake up before it finally stuck. hehe

33. kingeomer

I have another one, courtesy of my mom. The twinks are staying with my parents for a couple of days. My mom has picture of me and DH on our wedding day and my DS took the picture and put it on the floor and started kissing it. Oh my, big :wub:

34. Rach1137

Rach1137 Well-Known Member

I have 2 cute moments from last night before the boys went to bed. They were in their pj's playing in our living room. Jack was standing there and James was trying to get to him as fast as he could (DH and I were thinking he was going to tackle his brother) and when he got to him, he gave him the biggest hug and laid his head on his shoulder and Jack started patting his head saying oh oh. It was adorable.

The second moment also came last night when James figured out how to get one of their buckets onto his head like a hat and he laughed and laughed while he spun around in circles.

35. marcymiller

marcymiller Well-Known Member

I guess reading these is just what the doctor ordered. I am literally welling up from all of the beauty in these stories!! This age group ROCKS!

Here's mine: It started three nights ago at bedtime. The last story I read them before bed is Goodnight Moon. You all know it... so at the end after it says "Goodnight noises everywhere" I kiss each girl and say goodnight followed by their name. I've been doing this for weeks now. The other day, as I was reading that last page, Kaimely leaned over and kissed Brooklyn and said some babble that must mean goodnight. Now they kiss each other every night on that last page before I kiss them! It's the sweetest thing ever!! Now I need to remember to bring a camera in with me or post DH nearby to record:)))