Daily Routine Advice for 0-3 Months & beyond

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mmjones2005, Oct 3, 2010.

1. mmjones2005

mmjones2005 New Member

Hi all - I have 2 month old twin girls and I'd love to get advice on your daily routine. We're following the schedule used in Baby Wise (12-3-6-9-12 etc) in terms of wake, feed, play etc during the day, then slowly starting to try and cluster feed and sleep train. (which is going well so far, as they are stretching 4-5 (once 6!) hours at night. We're not really certain how long play time should be so I'm curious what works well for other Moms as far as your daily routine of playtime. There are times during the day that they just seem to want to go right back to sleep, whereas tonight, for example, after the 6PM feeding they' basically stayed up until the 9PM feed. Any general schedule you've followed that has worked well? Thanks in advance!

2. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

we just did playtime until they started to get sleepy. so the length varied greatly. and the more they played, the more they slept.

3. HorseyLover

HorseyLover Well-Known Member

The only routine that we had for our boys for probably the first 4 months was the order that they did things - Eat, Play, Sleep - and the time in between feedings was about 3 or 3 and 1/2 hours. And, the order wasn't always the same as they fell asleep at the bottle many times. When they were playing, we just took their cues to see when they were tired - like rubbing their eyes, yawning, getting glassy eyed.

4. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

Same for us - very little routine at that age. I had two playmats, a tummy mat, a bouncy seat, and a swing, and they would "play" at the various stations for awhile, until it was time to eat or I saw signs of sleepiness. The major thing at that age is the 90 minute sleep cycle - start looking for signs of sleepiness about an hour after they get up, and they will probably be ready to sleep again about 90 minutes from when they got up (give or take by about 10 minutes, but it's important to not miss the signs).