DC area meet-up?

Discussion in 'General' started by ECUBitzy, May 17, 2011.

?

Get together

1. with the kiddos.

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. just us mommies.

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. maybe try for both?

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

I can do June or August...July is my moms 50th birthday!

2. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Per my count, June 25 wins. If everybody agrees to this, we can start planning what to do and where to do it?

I gave a vote to each month mentioned by all of you- so if you said yes to June and July, I gave a point to each month. By that count I have seven for June, four for July, and four for August.

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm good, that day is fine.

4. BaileyandMarleysMom

BaileyandMarleysMom Well-Known Member

June 25 works for me too. I didn't read up...is this with the kiddos or without?

5. ECUBitzy

The poll says it's four and four for Just Mommies or Try for family + kiddos event.

Suggestions? I'll be coming up from Springfield, so that may affect whether I bring my chickens to the gathering. But I'm game for anything!

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

June 25 should work for me. :good: And my vote is still just Moms. :D

I would like to make a suggestion if we do a MNO, maybe meeting in one of the burbs instead of in DC. I know I hate taking the metro at night and especially if I am by myself. It's just easier to drive to one of the burbs, IMO. :good:

7. ECUBitzy

Northerly or southerly burbs? Maybe Old Town? I lurve Old Town Alexandria.

8. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I'm just going to throw this out there, I think there is a club near Andrews that has male strippers once or twice a month. Just saying... :ibiggrin: :drinks:

9. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I'd vote for Old Town since I work there and would get free parking. I am too old (pregnant?) for strip clubs.

10. summerfun

Really doesn't matter. I guess as long as it's easy to find and maybe some place that parking is easy.:lol: I've actually never been to Old Town.

Is there maybe some place in the middle? Although that might be too hard to try and figure out.

11. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

The Hanger Club. :faint:

12. ECUBitzy

:post:
    Bump bump bump! Decision time, ladies! Where are we meeting? The only areas I really know are Old Town, Arlington, Clarendon, and Georgetown. Offer me some more suggestions. I love somewhere on the metro (since I might drink one or three) but I could call a cab, too! We'll make it work.

SO, where are we meeting? :)

13. becasquared

I don't know any areas, I haven't done much exploring.

I'd be fine with Old Town or Arlington.

Or Bethesda, but I'm not so sure about taking the Red Line. I'm under the impression that the trains don't run as frequently on the redline.

14. summerfun

Bethesda would be awesome for me, but I know it's a bit further for others. I think the trains run frequently on the weekends on the red line, but I could be run, I don't take the metro too often.

Not sure what we want to do....eat at restaurant...drink at bars... but what about something like Tysons Corner, I believe there is a lot to do there. Here is a list of restaurants there.

15. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Tysons would be fun. I suggest Coastal Flats if we go because I love their food. Old Town would also be fun because we could walk around/check out the riverfront after dinner.

16. ECUBitzy

Ooh, I like Tysons, too. Anywhere with food/drink sounds like a solid plan to me. Those are two of my favorite activities... :)

17. summerfun

Looks like a fun place too. :) Here is the link if anyone else wants to take a look.

:Clap: I like the way you think!!

How does Tysons sound to everyone else?

18. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

I don't know the area very well, so I'm up for anything!!

19. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Here are an assortment of restaurants at Tyson's. I am listing restaurants found at both malls.

Cheesecake Factory
    Maggianos (italian)
    Lebanese Taverna (Lebanese)
    Coastal Flats (americana)
    Gordon Biersch (brewer/americana)
    California Pizza Kitchen (pizza)
    Brio Tuscan (italian)
    La Sandia (mexican)

For a Saturday night, we will need to call ahead and make a reservation for a large party. Can everyone coming vote for 1 restaurant so we can tally votes? If anyone is not ok with Tyson's (I didn't see any naysayers), speak up!

20. becasquared

Tyson's is fine with me. :)

Coastal Flats sounds great. I'll vote for that, but really anything reasonably priced with beer and I'm there.

21. ECUBitzy

Ditto this. Go ahead and put me as a yes and Coastal Flats. And pre-order me a black and tan.

Note: Coastal Flats (if it's like Sweetwater, which is the same chain) has a strict reservation policy. We will need a firm head count in advance of going. If your party shows up one person short of what you reserved, they will not seat you. Let's be sure to make any reservations that week and with final numbers.

22. summerfun

Coastal Flats is good with me. :good:

23. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

You know if you all hate it I am going to feel guilty ;)

24. ECUBitzy

It's unAmerican to hate Coastal Flats. ;)

25. BaileyandMarleysMom

BaileyandMarleysMom Well-Known Member

Coastal Flats works for me as long as we are still talking about the weekend. I would never make it through traffic to geth there during the week.

26. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I'm good with Tyson's corner, parking is easy to find there! :lol:

27. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

Count me in.. and if we go during the week, even better because I work in Tysons. Coastal Flats is great! Did we ever decide on a date?

28. summerfun

I think we are going with June 25, right?

29. ECUBitzy

Yep, the 25th.

30. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

Boo! :( I will be out of town delivering the kids to their Nana for two weeks. Have fun!

31. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

What time??

32. ECUBitzy

33. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

Ok I think I can make it.. it's about an hour and half from here...

OK.. I just looked it up.. it's 2 and half hours from here.. I might be late :)

34. ECUBitzy

We will hold a seat for you, I promise!

That's a total bummer!

35. summerfun

Works for me. :good: We are having dinner, right?