DC area meet-up?

Discussion in 'General' started by ECUBitzy, May 17, 2011.

?

Get together

1. with the kiddos.

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. just us mommies.

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. maybe try for both?

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

No! I was looking forward to seeing you! Next time?

Did we say Coastal Flats? Yes, at Tysons. :)

ETA: Yup, Coastal Flats.

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Tarin, :( Sorry to hear that. I agree with Stephanie, if you change your mind last minute, by all means join us!!

Rachel, sorry to hear that, seems like forever since I've seen you. :(

Kate, :laughing: yep, might be a good idea to let the hubby know. And yep, Stephanie is right, Coastal Flats in Tysons. :good:

Stephanie- :lol: are you talking to yourself?? Just gave me a laugh.

Bex, where is the count down for today. You are slacking Lady. :acute:

3. ECUBitzy

Yes! I tend to do that, though. :) I have been looking forward to this weekend and my July 4 trip for awhile now. I will cheerlead this to fruition!

.... Yeah, I am such a dork.

4. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I was sick. :(

so FIVE and

FOUR!!

5. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll be there. It's coastal flats at 7PM. How much money should I bring? I have no idea what the price range is. TIA.

1 person likes this.
  6. summerfun

:Clap: It's always nice to get away!! And you are not a dork!!

:hug: Hope you are feeling better!

:clapping:

yes, Coastal Flat 7pm, no idea on the money though, never been there. Hopefully someone that knows will check in. :good:

7. ECUBitzy

I was waiting to respond to ensure that I wouldn't be talking to myself. ;)

I think it ranges from$11-19 a plate. I think. Sweetwater (it's sister restaurant and my favorite place, ever) is like $22 for a steak and Coastal Flats is the rung below in pricing. I think. I'll double check with my mama and let you know for sure.

8. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

I don't think I'll be able to come, but I'm not positive. Here's the PDF for the menu: http://www.greatamericanrestaurants.com/CoastalTysons/PDFs/15dinner.pdf
    And the link for the restaurant: http://www.greatamericanrestaurants.com/coastaltysons/
    If I can't come, have fun everyone!

9. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Coastal Flats is about $10 for sandwich/fries and about $15-$20 for everything else. Their Havarti Chicken Sandwich is fantastic and it is what I plan on ordering. It's actually on Par with the Sweetwater we have around here.

10. becasquared

T H R E E

11. summerfun

:woohoo: :Clap: :yahoo: :clapping:

12. ECUBitzy

Dang, I need to get packing!

13. ECUBitzy

I'd told Bex already, but my Grandma in Washington (state) was admitted to the hospital this week. She had a huge tumor obstructing her colon and they performed emergency surgery to remove it.

Last night the doctor called my mom because Grandma's heart failed and there is a DNR on file. Mom's the medical poa, so she also declined life-saving measures. They put Grandma on a ventilator, though, because my uncle, his wife, and his kids were already in the air flying over from Korea (for a family vacation, planned before this even started). So, mom called me and my sister. To say that it was a shock is an understatement.

An hour later my mom called because the doctor said Grandma has had miraculous turnaround and has her own heartbeat and eye movements. An hour after that mom called because the doctors said maybe it was just nerves causing the eye movement, she's likely still vegitative. But that her turnaround is still miraculous.

Basically, we don't know if Grandma is alive or not. Does that even make sense?? My mom is falling apart. I wish so badly that I was there to help her. She's trying to fly out this morning to Washington. She's starting to get the impression that these conversations with the doctor are like those that would be had with a waiting family to encourage them to go bedside and get closure, so she wants to be bedside.

Ugh. Sorry. All that was to say that I'm staying in NC this weekend. I need to be near Paul if the call comes in again. I need him. Selfishly, I'm so disappointed to back out of this weekend. But I know I'll harass you to meet up with me eventually.

Okay, I'm going to try to shower and get into the office today. I need a distraction.

14. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

Sorry about your Grandmother, Stephanie.

Maybe we'll meet again another time.

15. becasquared

I'm going to miss you Stephanie.

Still going:
    me
    Amy
    Rachel
    Kelly
    Kate
    Irene

Do we have a volunteer to take over the ring leading/reservations? I really don't want to do it, nothing personal, but it kills me to talk right now. On a positive note, I will not be contagious in

T W O days

16. summerfun

:hug: Stephanie, I am so sorry about your Grandmother. We will miss you and hopefully we can meet up soon.

17. summerfun

Oh and I meant to say earlier... that I can take over the ring leading/reservations unless someone else wants to. So will all I need to do is call and make reservations and when? Do we have an accurate count?

Are all of you still planning to go?

Oh and someone that knows Coastal Flats....is it in Tyson's corner mall or is it freestanding outside the mall somewhere...or not even near the mall? :lol:

18. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Since I've been there, do you want me to call? I can do it tomorrow from work and see if we can get a reservation. Despite what's been going on, Bex is right and I need a night out so I am still going to be there, just don't give me the pity looks. I am still going to be a little late (715) but I will get the reservation for 7pm.

19. becasquared

Okay, I'll just give you dirty looks instead. :p

I'm really hoping that I don't still feel sick by then. I'd really like a beer and some food and not fight with every bite going down.

20. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Have you been to urgent care for antibiotics? They are a good invention.

21. summerfun

You can certainly do it. :) Thank you!

:hug: I hope you are feeling better.

22. becasquared

Oh yeah. I almost went to the ER Wednesday morning but then realized that it had already been 2 days and I could wait another 3 hours for the clinic to open. So I went as a walk in, they did the rapid strep test, it came back positive almost immediately, the ARNP said my throat looked like hamburger and my lymph nodes were visible on the outside of my neck, the size of golfballs and then she touched them and I nearly shot through the roof, then gave me a Rx for amoxicillin. So I'm on day three of abx. Tomorrow will be day 4. I should be fine. At least not contagious.

I didn't chew my dinner good enough last night though and made myself cry on a somewhat crusty bite of pizza. :(

ETA:

T W O

23. summerfun

Bex- :hug: You poor thing. I am surprised you are still feeling so bad with being on the amoxicillin already. I hope you have a nice recovery today, so you can have fun tomorrow night. :)

24. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

OK, I called CF and they will not take a reservation for tomorrow. Someone could call tomorrow and do call ahead seating. Any volunteers?

25. summerfun

I can call for call ahead seating before I leave my house, it will be around 6:10, but maybe I'll call around 6ish. So it's for 6 people right? Have we heard if everyone is still planning to go?

Has anyone ever been to this Coastal Flats? Just wondering where the best place to park is? I see it's in the mall...Any suggestions?

26. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

I won't make it but there is a parking deck directly across from the entrance. You will see a large deck that shows a couple of restaurants on it (one is Coastal Flats). If you park there and walk across the lot to the mall, the entrance there takes you to Coastal Flats. The restaurant is on your right (right there) is you use that deck. Have fun!

27. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

It is on the Old Navy side of the mall. I am still going to be there!

28. ECUBitzy

Y'all have tons of fun and drink a beer for me! I'm bummed that I won't get to see you (I really was looking forward to it).

Bex, slacker-
    ONE

29. summerfun

:good: Thanks for the parking suggestion Ladies!!

Stephanie, any word on your Grandmother?

30. ECUBitzy

She is off the vent and regaining consciousness. The doctor thinks she's going to be gone (again? for real?) within the week. The whole family is scrambling to get to her. I'm not going. I saw her at Christmas and we drank and laughed, I also feel like she was telling me goodbye when I talked to her Tuesday. She always said that we'd better not "make a spectacle" of her in her final hours.

Thank you for asking, truly. I feel like a zombie. You girls had better come back with stories for me. ;)

31. summerfun

:hug: I'm sorry to hear that. It's never easy to lose a loved one. :wub: That you feel she was trying to tell you goodbye when you talked to her Tuesday, I really do believe that sometimes people know when it's their time. I love that she told you not to make a spectacle out of her, she sounds like she is a fine Lady. :hug:

32. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

:hug: Stephanie!

Hope you all are having a blast! :drinks:

33. becasquared

34. summerfun

:Clap: It was a fun evening for sure!!

35. summerfun

And Stephanie, we missed you. :hug: Please let us know next time you are up this way so we can plan another night out!! And I think Tyson's was a good location...considering where we all come from!

Although with all the construction going on there I had to drive around a bit to find the ramp for the beltway since they had the one blocked off and there were no signs saying where to go...fun times at 10:30 pm. :lol: No kidding, it took me 20 min. to find it since I had to do a bunch of turn arounds. :wacko: