DC area meet-up?

Discussion in 'General' started by ECUBitzy, May 17, 2011.

?

Get together

1. with the kiddos.

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. just us mommies.

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. maybe try for both?

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BaileyandMarleysMom

BaileyandMarleysMom Well-Known Member

It was really nice to put faces with names. I had a geat time meeting everyone and look forward to doing it again.

I wondered how everyone else negotiated the traffic and no signs. What a mess! I just drove off and hoped for the best...let's just say that the best did not happen for me. It took me about an hour and 15 minutes to get home and probably should have taken about 35 minutes. :80:

2. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

It was a blast! I'm so glad I went! And the long car ride was great too!!

3. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yep, I had the same problem, see my post before your's (page before I think). It was a mess with not having any signs to see how to get on the beltway. :crazy: It is a mess down there!

4. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

Had a great time ladies. I too got lost on the way out of there; didn't get home until 11.

5. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

I was going to come, but then got caught up painting our fence and lost track of time. I'm disappointed...maybe next time I'll be able to get there too.

6. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I didn't get lost but I didn't need to take the beltway. I was just happy the toll road was open despite what the signs said. I had fun meeting all of you last night! I hope we can do it again!

7. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

What signs? I thought it was only going into DC that was closed? At any rate, we should do this at least quarterly.

8. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

The sign I saw just said "dulles toll road closed after 9". Didn't indicate east vs west or the connector. Vague signage in that area is nothing new though.

9. becasquared

So, when are we doing this again?

10. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

Any time!! I'm pretty open!

11. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I vote late august/early September.

12. sullivanre

I'm with Irene although honestly, I need more friends so I'll free myself up any time, LOL.

13. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

I vote late August/September. Of course, it's for purely selfish reasons. I really want to come this time. :blush:

14. sullivanre

I live in Gaithersburg we should meet up some time since we are neighbors.

15. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

Hi!

I would love to. We are in and out for vacation but we could definitely meet up at park nearby on a weekend.

16. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Please let's get another going so that I can attend!

17. BaileyandMarleysMom

Forgive me if I missed it. How is your grandma?

18. BaileyandMarleysMom

Just saw your post about your last two weeks. I am so very sorry about your grandma's passing, but am glad that you are back.

I hope we can get another meet up planned, I'm looking forward to meeting you and hanging with everybody again. Happy belated birthday!

19. ECUBitzy

Thanks! i am looking forward to meeting you, too!

20. cwinslow7

cwinslow7 Well-Known Member

I'm entering a future request for October :bubble: Would love the chance to meet you ladies :yahoo: I know the dates I'll be up but we don't have venue info yet.

21. becasquared

I'm down.

22. summerfun

Late Aug/Sept and possibly Oct ( to meet Christina) works for me. :good:

1 person likes this.
  23. cwinslow7

I'll be in town Oct 13-18. Fri and Sat evenings have reunion events, think I'll prob skip the family picnic Sunday afternoon. The only other potential scheduled event while I'm there will hopefully be a White House tour which I filled out the online request. DH is staying home with the boys (Patrick's popping up for a short time, the joy of being 21 and having no strings ;))

BTW- does anyone know, do they really not let you carry your purse and/or camera for White House tours? It's been nearly 30 yrs since I went on one.

24. sullivanre

Tried to Pm you, but it didn't go through. You can send me a message when you get back.

25. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

Is anyone up for Sep 10 or 17th?

26. becasquared

Yes and yes. Either or both. :D

27. summerfun

As of right now, both those dates work for me. :good:

28. ECUBitzy

I think they work for me, too!

29. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Any thoughts on doing a meet-up on the opposite side of DC this time? Maybe Arundel Mills or Annapolis...?

30. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I think A.M would be doable. Annapolis might be too far.

31. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

It's only an hour for me!! :laughing:

32. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

I'm good for all the above!!

33. summerfun

Arundel Mills would be good. :good:

34. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

A.M would be great. Either date works.

35. cwinslow7

Hi Chicas, thought I'd butt in here again and let you know what I've got on my trip up in Oct. I'm flying in Thurs 10/13 and will be there til Tues 10/18. My flight is scheduled to arrive at National around 4. I'm staying at The Residence in Rosslyn. Evening events scheduled for Fri and Sat. If we can make this happen could we make it close to the Metro? I'm trying to avoid car rental since I haven't been to the area in almost 25 yrs and remember that it's really easy to end up VERY lost when driving.