DD, she's not so sweet!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by twoplustwo, Nov 27, 2006.

1. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

My little dd has started biting my ds! He is bigger and stronger than her so he just plows her over when he wants to get past her or wants something she has. Well, she has started to bite him REALLY hard in return! I am really afraid she is going ot break the skin!

My poor boy! Below is a pic about 3-4 hours AFTER the biting incident, and yes, she did it twice, once on each cheek about 10 minutes apart.

I flicked her mouth, told her "no biting" and she hated it but it didn't stop her from doing it again a few minutes later.

What have you done to stop this behavior? input please!!

2. twoplustwo

My little dd has started biting my ds! He is bigger and stronger than her so he just plows her over when he wants to get past her or wants something she has. Well, she has started to bite him REALLY hard in return! I am really afraid she is going ot break the skin!

My poor boy! Below is a pic about 3-4 hours AFTER the biting incident, and yes, she did it twice, once on each cheek about 10 minutes apart.

I flicked her mouth, told her "no biting" and she hated it but it didn't stop her from doing it again a few minutes later.

What have you done to stop this behavior? input please!!

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Yes, that is so familiar! The only way I found to combat it is to watch them like hawks and know the triggers! Good luck!

4. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

Irelynd was a biter when she was about that age, and still on days where she is cranky and has had a bad day she will bite her sister still. When they where younger and they would bite I did what you did and flicked their mouths and told them we dont bite. I asked a Pediatrician if he had any suggestions and he said to bite whom ever did the biting. I wasnt impressed with that idea but did do it once ( I know, I know not a good idea) when Irelynd bit Shae on the lip and pulled on it, biting a whole in her lip and making her bleed. I felt so guilty about doing it I never did it again. I just kept doing the flicking and telling her no, reinforcing each time we dont allow this. As they got older I started doing the time outs as well, and now that she is 3 1/2 and will bite sometimes I even put soap in her mouth. That has helped alot and we have had alot less biting incidences. I guess the best thing to do is to keep reinforcing that you dont allow this behavior and seperate her from her brother for a few minutes as well. I hope it gets better for you.

5. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh poor Kyle!

Nolan has a similar mark on his face. She had one two weeks ago. I will usually hold her chin and tell her no biting. Often she laughs at me when I tell her no or tries to bite me back. I am hoping that they grow out of it eventually.

Maybe next summer we could put Meghan and Amelia together and see who is tougher? [​IMG]

6. twoplustwo

quote:
    Originally posted by moski:
    Maybe next summer we could put Meghan and Amelia together and see who is tougher? [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I needed that! Thanks MAureen!

I guess no christmas pictures anytime soon! HE doesn't even have a good side!

7. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

My little one is my bitter too. She only bites arms though [​IMG] lucky I guess. Since Jazz is so much bigger than her she bites to get back at her.

8. Kelly E

Kelly E Well-Known Member

My pedi told me last week that if they start biting, you can put a drop of dish soap on their tongue immediately after to teach them not to bite. Haven't tried it but it may help.

9. I had to watch mine like hawks and just tell them firmly "NO BITING". It is the surprise biting that is hard, like when they come up to you and you think they want a hug and then they bite your leg. that requires sitting in time out and a good talking to. I've found my two don't like sitting in a chair facing the wall. and that stopped mine. Hope you nip this in the bud....