Deciding on 2 diaper bags

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Lynn76, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Lynn76

Lynn76 Well-Known Member

I need your help mamas. I figured this was the place to ask this question since we all have 2 in diapers and you are all experts on the right size diaper bag. I have my eye on both of those diaper bags, JuJuBe Be All and the Skip Hop Double.

Your thoughts?

I like them both cause they can be worn as a messenger bag and you can strap them on a sbs stroller. My concern is space inside. Will it hold all I need for 2 in diapers and one in pullup/undies with extra clothes for all plus bottles, toys etc.

The only con to the Be All is the price at $120. I would love to find the print I like but for a better price.

Right now I have a Lands End diaper bag and it has been a work horse for me. I bought it over 3 yrs ago and it still looks great save for some minor dirt and stains. I like that it opens up like a doctors bag but it doesn't really hold all I need and I can't put it around the handles of my sbs stroller. It is kinda bulky.

Any help or pictures of either bag would be wonderful! Pros and cons to the bags too!

2. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I have the Skip Hop and really like it. It has lots of pockets and holds everything we need - even for an overnight. I've heard great things about the Ju Ju Bee too, but I've never seen one in person. I don't think you can make a wrong choice!

3. Lynn76

Lynn76 Well-Known Member

My big thing is not being able to see one in person. Thats what I liked about the Lands End bag. I looked at it at Sears and just holding it and looking inside is what help sell me on it. I do have a store near by that has JuJu Be bags but don't know if they have a Be All bag. I am going tonight to look and see. Babies R Us is supposed to have the Skip Hop bags, but I have yet to see a double.

Thanks for your response and your thoughts on the Skip Hop!

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have the Skip Hop Double Duo and love it. I've never seen the Ju Ju Be bags to give them a review. Good luck on your decision!

5. twinsnowwhat

twinsnowwhat Well-Known Member

We have the skip hop double and yes it has been great - and big enough for all the stuff especially in the beginning. But now I have something smaller and more girly :) for me - I picked up a fleurville bag on craigslist and really like it - just something to consider down the road. Sorry dont know anything about that Ju Ju Be bag - have seen them at Nordy's though.

6. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I don't have either, but have heard really good things about the Skip Hop Double.

7. Sisrea

Sisrea Well-Known Member

same here :D

8. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I love my skip hop double so much that I plan on using it even when I go back to teaching. I got it when the boys were 6 months and we needed to go to DH's triathlon. It fit 8 bottles, 2 formula containers, 6 diapers, wipes, extra clothes, a book for me, rattles and a sandwich for me. Now I have 2 diapers, wipes container, 4 snack containers, 2 applesauce servings, 2 spoons, fruit bars, bubbles, camera, phone, wallet (and much more of my stuff), sunscreen, and more! Is it heavy? YES! But since it straps onto ALL of my strollers, I am rarely carrying it. I read on here that someone strapped it to their grocery cart when they shopped! Did I mention that I LOVE it???

9. aorcutt

aorcutt Well-Known Member

I love my Skip Hop. It made packing up and going a little easier (if there is such a thing :).

10. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Can I be honest??

Have you looked at a regular messenger bookbag in the back to school section? It's a fraction of the price and does the exact same thing as the more expensive bags.

Now if cost isn't an issue, I love the JuJuBe one (yes, I looked and drooled! ;) ), but I have a messenger bookbag I bought 2 yrs ago, the shoulder strap hangs nicely on my combi twin stroller handle, it has lots of little pockets in the front of it. The only thing is it doesn't have inside pockets, but I just use ziploc baggies for the few things I need to (lotion/diaper cream/baby powder in one bag, change of clothes in another bag) and it works great. I keep 8 diapers, a big container of wipes, 1-2 diapers for my older dd, change of clothes for each baby, and some toys in it. I carry a smaller backpack bag to put bottles in and I just leave the bigger bag in my vehicle all the time (unless it needs refilling with stuff). I bring the small bag inside every time I come home to clean/change out the bottles. I also have 2 diapers and a small thing of wipes to make "quick changes" for the babies in it!

Just a thought since I know the price tag on those other bags are hefty ;)

11. Double Vision

Double Vision Well-Known Member

I am not a fan of big bags but I have the hop skip messenger bag and i love it!

12. eliseypoo7147

eliseypoo7147 Well-Known Member

just so you know... i am now trying to talk dh into letting me buy the jujube :p

13. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I love, love, love, my Ju Ju Be Packabe. I am just about to graduate out of it and go with something smaller. If you can splurge, it's well worth it.

14. samimax

samimax Active Member

I just ordered my skip hop double at diaperbags.com and got ten dollars off and free shipping! I posted the code over in expecting twins forum!

15. Lynn76

Lynn76 Well-Known Member

Ok, I was all set to get serious about the Skip Hop till someone mentioned their love of the JuJuBe bag. Although, now that samimax found a coupon code, I am leaning now towards the Skip Hop again! I am so torn!

Thanks mamas for your responses! I can see there is a love for Skip Hop around here! I did get to see a Skip Hop in person at Target last night tho it wasn't the Duo Double. I liked what I saw.

I showed my dh a Duo Double and he thought it was cool that it could be hooked to the handles of our sbs stroller. I have a feeing that might have sold him on the bag!!

16. EmilyorMLE

EmilyorMLE Well-Known Member

I REALLY want one of those bags now!!!!!

17. divababy

divababy Well-Known Member

i'm crazy.. i know.. but i just use one of my giant purses.

i've been a purseaholic for a few years and have quite the collection. when i got pregnant i resolved to just using my purses. i like to travel light, so its worked out.