Diaper Leaks in the car seat

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Buttercup1, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

Lately, one of the girl's diaper has been leaking while she's in the car seat. I change her before we leave and car rides are not that long. I can understand why in might be happening, the diaper overflows before it has a chance to absorb. But what can I do to prevent it?

2. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Did you recently go up a size? Maybe they are too big? My girls have never leaked unless their are just completely over-saturated at night, so I'm wondering if it's just an ill-fitting problem.

I take that back, the only time we leaked was with Huggies because the leg openings seemed a little too big for my girls. They have never leaked during the day with Pampers.

3. elhardy26

elhardy26 Well-Known Member

the girls leak up the back of their pampers all the time, especially when sitting up, it must be something to do with the position and everything going right up the back... we put one of those car seat head/body pads in so at least we can wash it if it gets soiled, I'd strap her in sitting on top of a burp cloth to prevent the car seat from getting soiled... HTH

4. Grandma2TwinBoys

Grandma2TwinBoys Well-Known Member

5. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

We had this issue recently with the boys, when they were sitting up in the carseat, they were leaking through around the waistband of their shorts. We went up a size and haven't had a leak since.