Did anyone have sore skin under their belly?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by gonersgirl, Oct 25, 2008.

1. gonersgirl

gonersgirl Active Member

The skin on the lower part and under my belly is extremely sensitive to the touch and almost has a burning feeling to it off and on.

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this feeling? It's strange becuase it's the part of my stomach that is stretched the least tightly.

Thanks!

2. hardinfamily08

hardinfamily08 Well-Known Member

I was just complaining about this yesterday I think.... My days run together! But Mine was so sore, it hurt to put on a shirt! I was almost in tears. and every move I make that shifts the skin hurts it too...:( SUCKS! Mine is the same skin, its not the most stretched area, but I think it has alot to do with stretching, Im running out of room.. so my skin down lower is stretching for the rest of my body.

3. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

Yup! I hear ya! Lotion....lotion....lotion!!
    Mine has also gone numb down the middle, I've gotten a couple of bruises from bumping into things and not realizing it....but other times it's numb but almost electrifiying...very wierd...my doc says it's from stretching....but I have found that lotion really helps!

Hope you get some relief soon!
    reb

4. desolation_anonymous

desolation_anonymous Well-Known Member

Yes, I hate to tell you in my case it is because the area is swollen from water retention, the skin started off looking a little loose and jiggly.. this was one area I suddenly retained a lot of water before I was officially diagnosed with pre-eclampsia.

5. neatfreak

neatfreak Member

Unfortunately my lower stomach started feeling that way just a few weeks ago, right before my first stretch marks appeared in the same spot! :angry: Lotion does help though...

6. gonersgirl

gonersgirl Active Member

QUOTE(desolation_anonymous @ Oct 25 2008, 09:06 PM) [snapback]1042030[/snapback]
    Yes, I hate to tell you in my case it is because the area is swollen from water retention, the skin started off looking a little loose and jiggly.. this was one area I suddenly retained a lot of water before I was officially diagnosed with pre-eclampsia.

Okay. That's interesting that you say that because I was thinking that all off a sudden that area looked a little loose and jiggly-especially since Baby A's head is right down there. I'm also all of a sudden retaining water in my feet and ankles. I go to the doctor's tomorrow and will be sure to mention that.

Thanks so much!

7. muscaria10

muscaria10 Well-Known Member

I have that too and I thought its due to the healing scar from the cystectomy!! Now I know I'm not alone! :rotflmbo:

8. sunsmommy

sunsmommy Member

I have it too! It sucks! Mine is painful and itchy too! My husband holds my hands when we sleep cause" he loves me " but really its to stop me from scrathing all night! Lol

My doctor says it the strecthin skin too! She gave me hydrocortisone for the itching!

At least we know once the babies are here the wacky preggo syptoms will go away!