Did anyone not find out the sex?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Nicole1234, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Nicole1234

Nicole1234 New Member

We're on the fence about finding out the sex of the twins. We have a boy and girl already and didn't find out with either one of them. LOVED the moment that they were born having husband tell everyone the sex. I'm just really not sure and wondering what you felt the advantage was of finding out or not. Thank you!

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We found out with our twins and our singleton. The benefit for me has to do with my personality - I don't do very well with surprises so knowing in advance helped me prepare and start to bond with all the kids more before they were born. In a weird way, I don't feel pregnant till I know the gender. That being said, I also think there would be great fun in not finding out till the big day. So, not spectacularly helpful. ;)

3. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

When we first found out I was pregnant we were not going to find out the sex. At that time, however, we had never even discussed the possibilities of twins....not even an after thought, not on the radar, no thoughts of multiples whatsoever. We were so shocked and overwhelmed that we were having twins we just thought financially we needed to know to prepare. I wish, wish, wish, we could have been secure enough financially to have been surprised. But it had been 8 years since a baby had been in our house so we just felt that we needed to know the genders to make sure we were well prepared. I think if you want to be surprised then go for it...it would be so cool!!

4. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Where I live, the hospital (which is where we go for ultrasounds) has a policy of not revealing gender to anyone. So, unless we wanted to pay for a private ultrasound, it was not an option. I didn't want to know anyway for my first three, but I think with the twins I would have found out if I could have. Coming up with so many possible name combinations after already having named three other babies was overwhelming. Still, I loved the surprise of not knowing until delivery.

5. Panda22410

Panda22410 Member

We are finding out this time. I feel it is important to prepare the kid that will be sharing a room with two new siblings. Also all our baby clothes are girl clothes, while most are pretty nutral I would want to buy some stuff for boys.

6. jennycraig

jennycraig Active Member

We did not find out with our singletons and also did not find out with our identical twin girls. We knew they were identical but chose to wait to find out the sex. We loved the surprise and telling our family and friends after they were born.

7. chicagomama

chicagomama Well-Known Member

I found out with my first set of twins and regretted it. My first child I kept a surprise and I liked not knowing. Finding out I was having two boys was overwhelming to me. This time around I am going to keep it a surprise. The u/s people have already told me they are the same gender and I wish I didn't even know that. Just wanted to wait until that day to get my news....

8. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We did find out the the sex of all 3 of our kids. But with our singleton...we didn't at first and that's what I came to share with you. When we had the big 20w u/s we had both decided we did not want to find out the sex and we did not. Then at 30w I was dying to know. :lol: I said to DH if for some reason we got another u/s (which I knew we were not going to) I would want to find out the sex. I went to the dr. 2 weeks later and I was measuring big so they sent me for an u/s to determine if my EDD should be moved up. :yahoo: We decided this time to find out what the baby was...as long as they could tell for certain. So at 33w we found out it was a girl. :) Looking back now, I don't know how I would have made it the extra time until she was born not knowing she was a girl...I'm so glad we found out. :good: We knew right away with the twins we would find out their sexes. :lol:

9. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We didn't find out. I wanted to be surprised.

10. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

We did not find out and it was the perfect surprise for us.

11. paperclippy

paperclippy Well-Known Member

We found out with ours. I admit I was extremely nervous when we found out we were having twins that we might be having two boys, so I felt like I needed to know so if that was the case I could mentally prepare myself. :lol: Turns out we're having two girls, which was a huge relief to me. My husband has too many stories of all the chaos he and his little brother caused as children! Then one of my coworkers had a kid a month or so ago and the ultrasound was wrong -- they thought they were getting a girl but it turned out to be a boy. That made me nervous for a while, but I go for u/s every two weeks so I've had them check repeatedly and all the techs agree that they're girls.

In any case other than peace of mind for me I don't think we're doing anything differently than we would be if we were having boys or b/g other than picking names. Most of the clothing and other items we've bought have been gender-neutral just because I like them better.

12. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I found out with all my kids. I like to be prepared, and I'm not fond of all gender neutral clothing/blankets/baby equipment ;) I also had names picked out for my youngest 3 kids, shortly after we found out what we were having. I really think it helped my older kid/kids bond with the baby in my belly. They could talk to them, call them by name, tell friends and family their names....etc. Instead of just "the baby/babies" :)

Either way it's still a wonderful surprise! Finding out early just means you get the surprise a few months earlier :)

13. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We didn't find out for either pregnancy, loved the surprise!!:)

14. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

we found out because I needed to know how to decorate etc...I'd had a gut feeling from the get go that it was b/g and I was right!

15. Nicole1234

Nicole1234 New Member

Thanks for the input everyone! I'm still on the we won't find out path!