Did anyone see me on TV???? (yes, I am still alive!)

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by KristineM+twins, Dec 8, 2006.

1. KristineM+twins

KristineM+twins Well-Known Member

Hey gals! I am still alive! The kids had me tied up in the basement for a few months, sliding cheerios and water under the door....but local authorities noticed my absence and came to find me! YAY! (my husband didnt even notice that I was missing!! LOL).
    Ok, seriously though, I missed everyone here, and I have just been SUPER busy. But I wanted to let you all know that me and Kevin and all 4 kids were on TV this week! We were on the TLC show called SURVIVING MOTHERHOOD. All week at 10 am (Eastern time) and on Wednesday the show focused on me and my family. It was a pretty neat experience, and I am glad I did it. I got some pretty good advice, and it was pretty cool to see us all on national television!

Let me know if you saw it!

Misses and kisses!
    Kristine

2. KristineM+twins

Hey gals! I am still alive! The kids had me tied up in the basement for a few months, sliding cheerios and water under the door....but local authorities noticed my absence and came to find me! YAY! (my husband didnt even notice that I was missing!! LOL).
    Ok, seriously though, I missed everyone here, and I have just been SUPER busy. But I wanted to let you all know that me and Kevin and all 4 kids were on TV this week! We were on the TLC show called SURVIVING MOTHERHOOD. All week at 10 am (Eastern time) and on Wednesday the show focused on me and my family. It was a pretty neat experience, and I am glad I did it. I got some pretty good advice, and it was pretty cool to see us all on national television!

Let me know if you saw it!

Misses and kisses!
    Kristine

3. LmSjt915

LmSjt915 Well-Known Member

Aw, I missed it! Will it be airing again soon?

4. lana123

lana123 Well-Known Member

How awesome! I missed it I used to watch Baby Story all the time when pregnant and I do know the show you are talking about. I would have loved to seen it especially since I "know you" here from TS.

How did you get "picked"?

And as PP asked when can we see it at a later date?

Lana
    Mom to Joshua and Rachel
    14 mo

5. KristineM+twins

I dont think it will be airing again! boo hoo!
    I will try to somehow copy it and get it online, but that may take a few months....

6. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

Hey Kristine!!!! How are you? I definitely miss having you around. I hope all has been well with you and your family. Sounds busy!!!

I didn't see the show...bummer, I wish I would've known about it. If it airs again, please let us know!!!

I hope you find some time to get on here some more. We miss hearing from you!

7. Amy A

Amy A Well-Known Member

bummer I missed it! Let us know when it airs again!

8. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That was you?! I did see it! You went to the library. Monica and Connor slidding down a hill on their butts.

Its my 10:00 show when I'm on my break. THey seem to have a lot of twins/triplets on in the past few weeks. I like it when they show a full week together, sometimes they show days from different weeks.

9. KristineM+twins

YES! That was me! Did you like the parental advisory warning? Ugh....

10. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

KRISTINE!!!! [​IMG] You are supposed to tell us BEFORE hand! [​IMG] [​IMG] How fun for your family!!! Please let us know when it's going to air again!!!

I have missed you!!! Been thinking about you!! Hope to see you around more!

11. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

How awesome!! I wish I would have seen it!!

Like Diane said you should have told us before hand! [​IMG] I am sad missed it!

12. Kendra

I didn't see a warning but then, I usually ignore warnings anyway.

YOu got some of the advise I would have given though.

I bet Conner liked running up and down the library stacks with the camera chasing him. [​IMG]

13. Kendra

Oh I thought of a couple questions about the show.

Did you have to do 5 intros? I've noticed that sometimes they are different from day to day.

How long did it take to tape? One loooong day or several days?

14. KristineM+twins

We shot at the coffee house for 2 and a half days, taping 5 episodes. We would do one episode in the morning, break for lunch, then change clothes and do a second episode. Then on a seperate day, they came to my house and filmed me for 10 hours. That was "my" episode. We did not get paid for the show, but they did keep me supplied with free iced lattes and all the bagels and croissants and sandwiches I wanted!

15. TwinMama6

TwinMama6 Well-Known Member

I've seen that show a few times,i'm sure they will repeat yours again. Pretty neat to be on tv (my friend was on Super Nanny last year)but BRAVE to put it all out there!! LOL!

16. Ron & Don

Ron & Don Well-Known Member

17. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Kristine: That is awesome! Do you know what the title of the episode was? I am look for it on Tivo; sometimes they reair at the weirdest times.

18. KristineM+twins

My episode was Kristine's Story-Taming a Preschooler.
    It actually had a Parental Advisory warning at the beginning...DH got a kick out of that....sigh

19. beachbabies

beachbabies Well-Known Member

I love that show! That's great that you were on!

20. twindependent

twindependent Well-Known Member

Oh poo! I just took S. M. off of my Tivo season pass last week- I was catching all reruns. But I'm glad it was fun anyway!