Did anyone use donor eggs to conceive?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by wilsonbaby, Dec 11, 2008.

1. wilsonbaby

wilsonbaby Member

Hi!!

I'm new to this board and I'm 34 weeks pregnant with b/g twins. I have a biological ds and we decided to use donor egg after being diagnosed with poor egg quality and diminshed ovarian reserve. I was trying to find someone else pregnant after using donor eggs. Anyone?

2. NicoleMarieLG

NicoleMarieLG Well-Known Member

ME :) Both my son (will be four on January 2nd) and my g/g twins are frozen donor cycles. Both fresh cysles failed (different donors)>

3. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

what a miracle!!!!

4. wilsonbaby

wilsonbaby Member

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for responding. I feel so alone in this whole thing and I'm dying to talk to someone. I have to admit I'm starting to freak out a little bit. It comes and goes in stages but I'm a little terrified that I'm not going to bond with my babies or that I won't love them as much as my ds. I'm not sure if I would feel this way if I hadn't had a bio child already or maybe this is just a natural feeling. I'm sure I sound like a horrible person. Can you tell me what your experience has been like? Are you telling your child/children about using DE? If so, have you done it yet? I guess I just really want to hear your story if you don't mind. Thanks.

QUOTE(NicoleMarieLG @ Dec 11 2008, 06:20 PM) [snapback]1107620[/snapback]
    ME :) Both my son (will be four on January 2nd) and my g/g twins are frozen donor cycles. Both fresh cysles failed (different donors)>

5. Feather_Twins

Feather_Twins New Member

QUOTE(demom @ Dec 11 2008, 03:04 PM) [snapback]1107610[/snapback]
    Hi!!

I'm new to this board and I'm 34 weeks pregnant with b/g twins. I have a biological ds and we decided to use donor egg after being diagnosed with poor egg quality and diminshed ovarian reserve. I was trying to find someone else pregnant after using donor eggs. Anyone?

Hello, My wife and I used an egg donor and are pregnant with b/g twins and she's at 17 weeks currently. We had done 5 cycles previously before we tried an egg donor and none successful until the donor egg. She has had several worries about the child not looking like her but those worries have come and gone (She says they will probably look like me anyway because the donor we chose has very similar traits compared to me and she's becoming more aware that they are not going to look like a total stranger's baby). She's wanted children for so long and now that she's finally going to have two at one time and she's nearing the half way point in her pregnancy, all of those thoughts have passed. I always tell her that she will not even know the difference when they come and she will love them as if they were her own genes, and besides, children pick up on their parents traits by watching and learning as well. We've spoken with friends that have their own children along with adopted children in the same family and they can honestly say that they do not love one child more than the other. That being said...just the fact that you've carried these children for nearly 9 mos. bonds you to them...I know you'll be just fine.

Congratulations! :D

6. NicoleMarieLG

I worried a bit at first with my son but honestly he is MY BOY 100% He is my world and the number one thing I worry about with this twin pregnancy is that he will feel lost in the madness shuffle. Ask anything :) I am happy to share - I consider myself blessed beyond words! We intend to be 100% honest.. and let me explain why. I also raise my husband's older children. I met them when they were 6 & 8 and they are now almost 19 and 16. When I was in the hospital having my son my SD's bio mother telephoned her and informed her that my hiusband was not her father. She was 12 years old and felt completely destroyed. When she was able to explain her feelings she said it wasn't the blood/genetics issue that bothered her (after all she considers me her Mom and I only met her at 8) but it was the fact that she was lied to that upset her the most. If it wasn't "bad" then why not be honest. I learned from that experience. We don't intend to have a formal biology lesson but it will never be hidden.

7. slr814

slr814 Well-Known Member

I didn't use donor eggs, but we did use donor sperm. My daughter is adopted, and I cannot imagine my life without her. She is my daughter in every way. Oddly enough, I some times worry how my DH will feel about the twins, since they are my biological children, but not his. I didn't worry about this with my DD, since I felt that if I could love her so completely even though I didn't get to carry her in my womb, than surely my DH would feel the same about her.

8. WaterGuzzler

WaterGuzzler Well-Known Member

QUOTE(demom @ Dec 11 2008, 07:35 PM) [snapback]1107696[/snapback]
    Hi Nicole,

Thanks for responding. I feel so alone in this whole thing and I'm dying to talk to someone. I have to admit I'm starting to freak out a little bit. It comes and goes in stages but I'm a little terrified that I'm not going to bond with my babies or that I won't love them as much as my ds. I'm not sure if I would feel this way if I hadn't had a bio child already or maybe this is just a natural feeling. I'm sure I sound like a horrible person. Can you tell me what your experience has been like? Are you telling your child/children about using DE? If so, have you done it yet? I guess I just really want to hear your story if you don't mind. Thanks.

I didn't use donor eggs but I wanted to jump in for two reasons--to congratulate you, and also to tell you that I am 100% sure that you will bond with these babies just as you did with your son. I think those feelings are normal no matter how our babies are conceived. I remember when I was pg with DD that I was terrified of not loving her in the same manner that I loved DS. I thought there was no way that that kind of love could be duplicated. Boy was I wrong! But I have to admit, I'm still worried about the same thing with these babies--how on earth can I love these little strangers as much as I love DS and DD?! I do know it'll be just the same as before, but I know it is a common fear.

My best friend adopted her DD after struggling with infertility. She was concerned about that, too, especially bc she didn't "incubate" the baby as she calls it. She said that when she and her DH met their dd for the first time (she was only a day old--long story) it was as though she was just meant to be theirs. And she is!

So although I can't relate to your entire story, I wanted to add my 2 cents where I thought it might help. Congrats again!

9. wilsonbaby

wilsonbaby Member

QUOTE(WaterGuzzler @ Dec 12 2008, 09:06 AM) [snapback]1108150[/snapback]
    I didn't use donor eggs but I wanted to jump in for two reasons--to congratulate you, and also to tell you that I am 100% sure that you will bond with these babies just as you did with your son. I think those feelings are normal no matter how our babies are conceived. I remember when I was pg with DD that I was terrified of not loving her in the same manner that I loved DS. I thought there was no way that that kind of love could be duplicated. Boy was I wrong! But I have to admit, I'm still worried about the same thing with these babies--how on earth can I love these little strangers as much as I love DS and DD?! I do know it'll be just the same as before, but I know it is a common fear.

My best friend adopted her DD after struggling with infertility. She was concerned about that, too, especially bc she didn't "incubate" the baby as she calls it. She said that when she and her DH met their dd for the first time (she was only a day old--long story) it was as though she was just meant to be theirs. And she is!

So although I can't relate to your entire story, I wanted to add my 2 cents where I thought it might help. Congrats again!

10. wilsonbaby

wilsonbaby Member

Wow- thanks to everyone who has responded so far. I truly appreciate your words of widsom an support. This is such a strange journey and it has been filled with so many ups and downs. Every day brings a new emotion. It's so much more complicated then being pregnant with my bio son. When we started the process up until we became pregnant I was so certain of our decision and I was certain any doubts would be wiped away. The fact that they still remain is what concerns me. I know it has something to do with the hormones and the natural fears associated with motherhood but it's still scary. I really look forward to hearing more stories and experiences and I thank all of you again for taking the time to share.

11. NicoleMarieLG

It IS that you have 9 months to worry :) ((hug)) I did with Jack... and now its one less thing to worry about with my twins because my love for Jack is so incredible I *know* that genetics do NOT matter.

12. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

Wow, what a gift!!! My good friend has two children...one boy and one girl. Both were conceived through IVF using donor eggs from her sister!

13. Rose524

Rose524 Well-Known Member

We didn't use donor eggs or sperm, but did use a gestational surrogate to carry our babies for us.

Just wanted to reiterate, that no matter whether you are biologically related, or carried them, they are your children, and I am confident you will love them every bit as much as a bio/gestated child.

Good luck!!
    :)

14. wilsonbaby

wilsonbaby Member

Just trying to bump the thread up a little so more people will see it.

15. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

I want to add a few things. I have never used donor eggs but I did adopt my two oldest DDs and the oldest was adopted by DH during his 1st marriage so she is no biological relation to anyone in this house, but we are a family and I love noone less or more than anyone else. You will see, it just happens! You can read the 1st and 2nd entries in my blog (link in my siggy) and I explained our household in detail there.

PS How awesome!! congrats on your Twin pregnancy!

16. JennaPa

JennaPa Well-Known Member

HI - I'm a mom of twin girls concieved using donor eggs! They'll be 3 in April so I can say I'm a vet. We also have a full genetic DD who is 6, she was 3.5 when her sisters arrived. These are the children we were meant to have and I am so thankful.

I can certainly understand your emotions right now but I'm here to tell you that you will love these children with all your heart and soul the moment you lay eyes on them. I still look at ALL my kids some days and just want to cry I'm so happy to have these blessings.

We will absolutely tell our girls about their conception. I can't imagine keeping that kind of secret in a family. We will love them the best we can. If they have problems related to their genetics, we will love them through that too.

It's normal to have the feelings you're having. Give yourself permission to feel and you'll be fine. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Get ready for a wild ride. You won't have time to ponder genetics once they're born. Tired with twins is the understatement of the millenium.

Enjoy your babies!