Did you ever take your 1 yr old to a kid's concert?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Kellyx2, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Kellyx2

Kellyx2 Well-Known Member

I want to take the girls to see the Wiggles but I don't want them to be scared of the lights, music, etc. What do you think?

2. tarajh

tarajh Well-Known Member

We went to Disney on Ice when J&H were 14 months & they loved it. They also went to Disney World for the 1stt ime around 16 mths & saw a lot of music shows there, including Playhouse Disney. Really it depends on your girls, if they are the type to scare easily with loud noises, dark/flashy places then it may be best to wait til they're closer to 2 when you can better explain before hand what will be happening & they will have seen the TV show to be more into it.

3. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We took our oldest DD to see the Wiggles when she was 2. I don't think I would have taken her when she was one, but that is just me. It is kind of loud in those things.

4. greek mama of three

greek mama of three Well-Known Member

QUOTE(summerfun @ Apr 28 2007, 01:22 AM) [snapback]236392[/snapback]
    We took our oldest DD to see the Wiggles when she was 2. I don't think I would have taken her when she was one, but that is just me. It is kind of loud in those things.

W took our now 6 year old to see The Wiggles on their first tour here. They played in a small auditoruim, Niko was able to go right up to Dorothy and give her a rose, and give Murray a big hug. He loved it, but was also around 2 years old. With ticket prices so high, maybe you should wait another year.

5. rosie19

rosie19 Well-Known Member

I took N & G to see Sesame Street Live over the summer... they were 16 months, I think. They loved it! They danced and laughed almost the entire time. It was an hour and a half show and the last 15 minutes were tough for them, but otherwise, they were great. It was a good age, too, because they stayed very close to me. We just took them to see Ralph's World two weeks ago and they wanted to wander around the theatre, climb all the steps, etc. They liked the show, but they were more interested in their surroundings. Just take some snacks... that kept mine busy while we were waiting for the show to start.

-Catherine

6. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

We took my oldest DD to Dora Live when she was about 18 mo. and she loved it. Now, the twins wouldn't be able to sit through all that and they might get scared. I'd look at their personalities and see if they would enjoy it. Each kid is gonna be different. One actually might like it and the other may not. That's a tough age.

7. Ningrao

Ningrao Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Kellyx2 @ Apr 27 2007, 08:38 PM) [snapback]236166[/snapback]
    I want to take the girls to see the Wiggles but I don't want them to be scared of the lights, music, etc. What do you think?

i Took Joi to a wiggles concert at 1 yrs old..and And honestly she watched about 10 minutes of the show and then my husband was holding her and she was looking back playing with the kids behind us..infact all the kids around us were entertaining themselves…I will say DH enjoyed the show A LOT…the jokes the songs were more for the adults..they sang some good old songs and that was pretty funny but of course the kids didn’t know what that was about…
    after that we took her to a sesame streets elmos show and she watched the whole time she was soo entertained that we were all able to enjoy the entire show..