Did your boy turn out to be a girl ?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kumphort, Dec 9, 2008.

1. kumphort

kumphort Well-Known Member

I currently have 2 boys, and ever since i found out i was expecting, I was hoping that this one would be a girl, when I found out it was twins, I was hoping for a set of girls, to compliment the 2 older boys.

I had my NT scan done last week, so only about 13 weeks, the tech seemed to think that at least one was a boy, she even took a pic of stuff between his legs,

the other she wasnt able to tell on....

Should I just give up on having two girls and just hope that maybe I can get one out of this package?

Honestly I know as long as they're healthy thats what counts..

2. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I would say 13 weeks is pretty early to determine the sex of the babies for sure. You never know there could be a girl in there after all!

3. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

13 wks is really early, at about 13/14 weeks is when the gender starts to differentiate. Both have "stuff" between their legs in the beginning. Around the 14 wk mark a boy's penis will start to grow outward, while the same "nub" will turn into a girls clitoris. So I would hang in there and wait and see what happens :)

4. MeghanHen

MeghanHen Active Member

They said the samething about Abby, they said at 18 weeks that she was a boy. At 24 weeks after I was admitted to the hospital for PTL, they found our turtle sign turned out to be a girl! So yeah I'd say there's hope for you and that 13 weeks is a little early, mine was wrong at 18 with my 2nd girl!

5. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Ours did, at 12 weeks the u/s tech said she thought she saw stuff--even showed us the evidence on the screen. My husband was elated. At 19 weeks--two girls. Every u/s after that my husband asked, "Are they still girls?" :D

6. kumphort

kumphort Well-Known Member

Thanks Guys,

I love hearing stories like that!!

7. lilly_&_hunter

lilly_&_hunter Well-Known Member

At 15 weeks the tech thought it looked like 2 boys for us. At our 18 week u/s - we were happy to find out that it was actually 1 boy and 1 girl.

13 weeks is early.... don't give up hope!

8. timba09

timba09 Well-Known Member

I share the same due date with you, and the exact same senario played out at my own NT screening last week. The tech thought one might be a boy, and she couldn't tell on the other one. I know it's early so I just take it with a grain of salt and will probably find out more definitively at the 20 week u/s. It seems like such a long way off and I'm just dyin' to know!! :rolleyes:

9. avd1995

avd1995 Well-Known Member

Do you know if your twins are fraternal or identicle?

My sister did not want to find out the sexes of her twins, until birth. But the tech slipped and
    told her one baby was a boy. We knew they were fraternal. So we had a feeling the other
    baby was a girl. We were right!

10. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think that 13 weeks is just too early to tell! So, you can definitely hold out hope that you've got at least 1 girl in there until your u/s around the 18-20 week point! Good luck!

11. kryscline

kryscline Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your twin pregnancy! :banana: :banana:
    Google in-gender and check out their website, it's addicting.
    I hope you get your little girl/girls :itwins: ! At least one. :banana:

12. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

I had an ultrasound at 14 weeks and the tech wouldn't even look because she said it was too early. Even at 17 weeks she said she *thought* it could be boys, but also said it could be cord between their legs. I really really wanted a girl. But in the end I got 2 boys, which is fine with me, now.

13. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I found out at 14 weeks that baby A was 85% surely a girl and they could not tell with baby B until like 18 weeks - I would think that 13 weeks would be too soon to tell for sure!!

one thing I do know is CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! - this whole twin thing is AMAZING!!

14. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

I was told around 15 weeks a boy & a ?????. AT 17 weeks 2 girls....we have two girls!

15. bkpjlp

bkpjlp Well-Known Member

I didn't find out the genders, but was 100% certain I had at least 1 girl in there. Once I got home from the hospital and the post partum hormones kicked in, I just cried and cried that I didn't have a girl. We have a 2 yr old daughter and I was so sad that she won't have a sister (my uterus is closed for business!). I looked at her closet and just cried at the cute clothes she has that will never be hand-me-downs for a little sister. I went through a stage where I decided I would buy her boy blue jeans so those could be handed down. I cried because I couldn't use my girl names of Gretchen May or Carrie Key. That lasted about 3 weeks PP. I'm over it now, but still miss that I won't be able to use my girl names.

So will someone out there PLEASE use my cute girl names???

ETA: Just to comment - I LOVE having 2 little boys!!! They're so dang cute!

16. cmccarthy

cmccarthy Well-Known Member

13 weeks is too early. (Like almost everyone else said)

My babies were (at 16 weeks) Baby A- Boy, Baby B- Girl (maybe...)
    At the REAL scan (20 weeks) they were the exact opposite. So short answer to your questions is: Yes. They can and are routinely wrong that early.

Our tech said that anyone who will tell you any earlier than 18 weeks should be fired. Ours told us not to ever rely on the GUESS at 16 weeks but she knew we were excited.

17. Marcyjoy

Marcyjoy Active Member

I just have to say, be prepared that you might not know until several more weeks! Here is what happened to me...

16 weeks - Baby A 100% boy, Baby B 90% BOY
    20 weeks - Baby A still boy, Baby B 90% GIRL
    24 weeks - Baby A still boy, Baby B.. The u/s tech actually said, "lets just go with whatever I told you before I'd be surprised to see it change to boy"
    26 weeks - (today) Baby A still boy, Baby B.. same tech said, "I think it may have changed to boy....Nevermind...I really can't tell this time."

They also have in my chart that I'm having 2 boys so they always congratulate me on two boys at every appointment. I am still really hoping for b/g twins since this is my only shot at having babies.

UGGGHHH!!!!!! It is SO frustrating!!!!! I'm dying to just KNOW. Here I am at 26 weeks and it keeps changing. Glad I didn't paint the names on the walls like I wanted to last week. :rolleyes:

18. caba

caba Banned

At 13.5 weeks we were told Baby A was a boy ... he turned out to be a boy! They couldn't see anything about B. We found out at 18 weeks that B was a girl.

I'm holding out hope you have a little girl in there! And hey, it's ok to be sad for a bit if you don't. You will love your boys no matter what, but I'm sure you would love a little pink to balance out all that blue!

Good luck!

19. heathertwins

heathertwins Well-Known Member

I had a high end 3-D 4-D ultrasound at 14 weeks and it was too early to tell. Not til 16 weeks with a really good U/S machine.