Digital Cameras

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by brandycaviness, Jul 2, 2009.

1. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

The girls are amazed by my camera and I thought it would be nice if they had one as well to play with. I know Fisher Price has one and there is another brand too, but neither got great reviews. Do any of you have one and do your kids like it or was it a complete waste of money?

TIA!

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Tony and Angie got the V-tech brand digital camera and they love it! :good: ALOT. Plus it also has games in it (for later) and it can do video too. It has pretty good quality and it's really easy to use.

:lol: I sound like I own stock in the company. :rolleyes:

Good luck!!

3. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

I got 2 Vtech cameras at Costco for $36/each a couple months ago. But we haven't used them yet, they are for Christmas. It was such an amazing deal I could not pass it up.

4. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Leah has one from Fisher-Price from Costco and its just okay. She likes it, but when she takes pictures that means that Mom has to follow through and upload them to the computer. :pardon:

5. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

I got a simple digital camera for $9.99 for my girls for Christmas, it's really marketed for tweens, not preschoolers, but my girls handle with care, It's only like 1.9 mega pixles with no flash, so a lot of the photos don't turn out, but they have taken some fun ones. My complaint with it is it uses up it's battery FAST! it takes one AA and we use rechargables, it needs recharging like every day it's in use and there is no backup so if the charge goes down and you haven't downloaded the photos you loose them.

6. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

My girls have used the Fisher Price and the V-Tech ones whenever we go and visit someone. They are addicted, I swear.

I have heard the picture quality isn't the greatest and also what PP mentioned, it eats up batteries fast. We want to do cameras for their birthday but can't decide on whether to go with the kid proof ones or to get a cheapie digital one to save some $$.

7. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

Michelle,
    Two more bad things about the cheap ones,
    No flash, I think I said that in my previous post, indoor pics really don't turn out.
    They are VERY light weight, that means it was really hard for my girls to learn to hold it steady. They would push the button and the whole camera would move.