discharge/leaking

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by newtothis, May 20, 2009.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

as far as discharge goes, i know that it's normal.
    how much is too much? is there a way to gauge how much is 'not' normal?

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

When I saw the title I assumed leaking milk. Where is the discharge coming from?

3. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

QUOTE(JicJac @ May 20 2009, 09:59 AM) [snapback]1321184[/snapback]
    When I saw the title I assumed leaking milk. Where is the discharge coming from?

LOL - ok i will clarify. vaginal discharge.
    no leaking - just wondering whats considered 'normal' and whats considered leaking.

4. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I was always told that discharge is very normal in the nether regions, and there is more with twins. If you are concerned about it, its probably best to call your Dr.

5. kumphort

kumphort Well-Known Member

Mine has really increased in the past few days, i ended up going to get checked out on Sunday nite, after needing to change my underwear at least 5 -6 times that day. they did a test to determine that it was not amnitotic fluid.
    but basically it seems like if you are leaking it will be more constant as opposed to stopping and starting.

Today I am wearing a reg. pad, panty liners werent doing the job,

So if you're having a lot of "Stuff" you're in good compnay!

6. becky5

becky5 Guest

A good way to check for amniotic fluid, is to lay horizontally for 20 minutes or so, and then get up and see if you feel a gush. It will pool while you are lying down, and then leak out when you get up. If you have a really slow leak though, it can still be hard to tell. Of course, if you are concerned at all, please call your doc.

7. mrschenoweth

mrschenoweth Well-Known Member

When I was getting towards the end of my pregnancy like you are, I noticed the same thing. It seemed like it would gush a little here and there (wasn't amniotic fluid) especially if I was being active and hadn't used the restroom in a while (although I was sure it wasn't my bladder leaking). I asked my dr. about it at the time and he wasn't concerned about it since it wasn't amniotic fluid. If you are worried, definitely call your dr.

Hang in there, you are almost there!!! :D