Discharge question

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by mitmit, Aug 18, 2009.

1. mitmit

mitmit Member

I am 20 weeks pregnant, this is my first pregnancy to make it out of the first trimester. Over the last week or so my disharge has become a lot thicker, it is still white and milky. I doesn't seem to be yeast infection though. When I go to the bathroom and wipe there is often some dried around the outside I wipe off...i feel like i am going to the bathroom to clean about three times a day. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and I will ask him to check then but I was wondering if this is normal or if it may indicate something. I will admit of course I am worried about PTL and am wondering if this increase and thickening could indicate in changes on that road. Thank you in advance.

2. leahkatebrown

leahkatebrown Well-Known Member

I think at this point there is no such thing as TMI. :) But yeah I'd definitely ask the doctor to make yourself feel better...mine said not to worry unless it was (his words) "mucousy." And also that increased volume is normal, especially when it's warmer out. Don't know if that helps...

3. mitmit

mitmit Member

Yes it helps...thank you so much for your reply

4. christy.fisher

christy.fisher Well-Known Member

I get weekly update emails from babiesonline.com and it says this for week 17:

"Your Body
    Your uterus has grown and is now about halfway between your pubic bone and navel (about an inch or inch and a half below your belly button). Your bodily secretions may increase due to the increased blood volume. If you have increased nasal congestion or runny nose, increased sweating or increased vaginal discharge this is normal and is nothing to worry about. Rest assured, this increase in body secretions will go away after the birth of your baby."

So it sounds perfectly normal! The above is for a singleton, with twins, I can only imagine it would be even more.

5. mitmit

mitmit Member

Thanks