Discount at Babies-R-Us!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by MomToBeX2, Nov 24, 2006.

1. MomToBeX2

MomToBeX2 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine has 1-yr old twins and didn't know about this... I just found out today and thought I would share!

Babies-R-Us offers a twins discount! If you buy two of the same item that costs $50 or more each, you get a 10% discount. (I can't remember if it's 10% off of one item or both - my dad did the haggling for me at the guest services counter, lol.)

My dad did a lot of asking around at the store today and found out about this discount. He and my mom bought a ton of stuff, but saved hundreds and hundreds of dollars. Baby stuff is plenty expensive as is, and with all of us buying double, I had to pass this info along to you guys! Ask about it the next time you shop there!

2. MomToBeX2

MomToBeX2 Well-Known Member

A friend of mine has 1-yr old twins and didn't know about this... I just found out today and thought I would share!

Babies-R-Us offers a twins discount! If you buy two of the same item that costs $50 or more each, you get a 10% discount. (I can't remember if it's 10% off of one item or both - my dad did the haggling for me at the guest services counter, lol.)

My dad did a lot of asking around at the store today and found out about this discount. He and my mom bought a ton of stuff, but saved hundreds and hundreds of dollars. Baby stuff is plenty expensive as is, and with all of us buying double, I had to pass this info along to you guys! Ask about it the next time you shop there!

3. NWtwinmomma

NWtwinmomma Member

That's great to know. Thanks!

4. MommyWannabe

MommyWannabe Well-Known Member

Baby Depot also offers a twin discount. *Most* places will if you ask them as long as it's a pricier item. They want your business and will do just about anything to keep you from going someplace else.

5. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

thanks for letting us know!!!

6. hope26

hope26 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! That'll be very helpful! I know that USA BABY gives a twin discount on the second item. That's where we purchased our two cribs. Again, thanks! I will make sure to take advantage of this in the future.

7. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

We had bought our bedroom sets at babies r us. The discount is only supposed to apply to larger items, I thought it was $100 and up, but they let me have the 10% off all the furniture items I bought, and the hutch had been clearanced to $79 from over $200! We ended up getting a great deal on a room full of furniture!
    Helen

8. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

thank you for the info, every little bit helps.

9. happymel

happymel Well-Known Member

I've used the twin discount several times with large purchases at Babies r us. It's actually 10% off both items if they are the same item for twins. It helps. Kohls had a great sale on fisher price and playskool toys and infant stuff this weekend. My Dh is going to be surprised when he gets home. Fortunately I bought him some stuff too. It's always easier to show him my shopping spree when there's something for him.
    Melanie

10. Mommy2PJ

Mommy2PJ Well-Known Member

That's great to know!! Thanks for posting! [​IMG]