Do they wear the same PJ's for more than 1 night?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by JensBoys, May 22, 2008.

1. JensBoys

JensBoys Well-Known Member

Up until now, my boys wear a set of PJ's and then it goes in the wash.

It dawned on me that I could save a ton of laundry if they wore their PJ's for more than 1 night in a row.

What do you do?

2. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

Yep! I just took off their pajamas and folded them over the side of the crib. Funny you should post this question... I was wondering just this morning as I did it if anyone else does! I would wash them if they were spitting up, or sweating alot, but they are pretty much clean... so I re-use them.

Helen

3. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

I still wash PJ's after one wearing. I guess I could probably go longer, but they get a little sweaty at night so I haven't yet.

4. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

I check them each morning and either fold it and put it back on their pillow or through it in the hamper. Even with my clothes I only wash on "as needed basis".

5. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

Here, the pjs go on literally right before they get into bed unless it's bath night then it's maybe 30 minutes before and they get dressed as soon as they get up in the morning so yes, we reuse them. Usually only two nights but have been known to do more in a pinch.

6. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

I probably wash them twice a week unless they are sick, spill something or are really sweaty in the night, in which case more often. Frequent washing wears clothes out and uses extra water. It's greener to wash pjs less often. :D

7. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Ours wear Pjs here for 2 nights. We put on new Pjs at bath time, every other night.

8. Mommyof3in05

Mommyof3in05 Well-Known Member

I wear my PJs twice and so does DD1 but I still take the twins off the next morning and throw them in the hamper. I guess since they are almost 3 I could let them start wearing them twice.

9. denali_ice

denali_ice Well-Known Member

Absolutely, as long as they are not wet or dirty.

10. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(summerfun @ May 22 2008, 09:39 AM) [snapback]787384[/snapback]
    Ours wear Pjs here for 2 nights. We put on new Pjs at bath time, every other night.

Exactly what we do.

11. doubledownmom

doubledownmom Well-Known Member

we let them wear them for two nights and then wash...

12. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Mine only wear their PJs once, but that's largely because they don't get dressed till after breakfast. So their PJs always get filthy at breakfast.

13. 2girls2b

2girls2b Well-Known Member

They usually wear their PJs at least two nights before being washed, unless they get dirty. We always get clean PJs on bath night. On the weekends, they usually get clean ones each night because they don't usually get dressed until after breakfast, so lots of food usually ends up on them.

14. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Meximeli @ May 22 2008, 10:33 AM) [snapback]787358[/snapback]
    I check them each morning and either fold it and put it back on their pillow or through it in the hamper. Even with my clothes I only wash on "as needed basis".

Ditto!

I loathe laundry! Oh wait, I'm being green! :D

Ruby, I really like your green interpretation!

15. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

My girls wear them two nights in a row. We bath every other night so they get a fresh set on bathnight!

16. stephe

stephe Well-Known Member

QUOTE(rubyturquoise @ May 22 2008, 10:35 AM) [snapback]787368[/snapback]
    I probably wash them twice a week unless they are sick, spill something or are really sweaty in the night, in which case more often. Frequent washing wears clothes out and uses extra water. It's greener to wash pjs less often. :D

This is exactly what we do too!

17. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

We do clean jammies every night. They usually wake up wet or get them dirty from breakfast, so every night they are in clean jammies.

18. Stephanie M

Stephanie M Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Minette @ May 22 2008, 03:25 PM) [snapback]787472[/snapback]
    Mine only wear their PJs once, but that's largely because they don't get dressed till after breakfast.

Ditto!

19. Alli Baby

Alli Baby Well-Known Member

We wear ours twice unless something unusual happens.

20. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

My two wear their jammies for two nights unless they have a leak or get them dirty with breakfast. We started doing this once they started walking {because before that they would get them dirty from crawling} and it has meant less laundry for me, so I'm happy! :)

21. Holland

Holland Well-Known Member

if not dirty...they wear them again. But they are dresses before breakfast

22. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

We will usually do 2 nights with the pjs unless they get them dirty from bfast or pee pee leaking through the diaper. There are days where my girls will spend the whole day in their pjs so in that case I will change them into clean ones before bed.

23. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

New pair every night at bathtime. I am a SAHM so we don't really have to be anywhere most mornings. If we go out in the morning I am usually home by 12noon for nap at 12:30 so I put the pj's back on for nap. I am usually done errands when they wake around 2:30 then my SD is comes home from school and it's homework, dinner and two nights a week she has soccer or postitive images. The boys get a bath after dinner and get new jammies on they just get them too dirty because they usually eat at least one meal a day in them.

24. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

usually 2 nights if they're not dirty...

25. Laura in Alaska

Laura in Alaska Well-Known Member

I only wash clothes on an as-needed basis. It's more environmentally friendly and it saves me a lot of time. My sister thinks its awful, but she will actually re-wash clean clothes if they no longer "smell clean" (that is, smell like detergent). I think that in crazy. I guess we just won't agree on this one. :p

26. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

If they don't have gunk on them they wear them again (but they almost always end up with gunk on them - breakfast, etc.).

27. shoudeshell

shoudeshell Well-Known Member

yup, wear them more than once if they are reletively clean...no leaks or food...saves me on laundry and the cost of buying so many!

28. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Meximeli @ May 22 2008, 10:33 AM) [snapback]787358[/snapback]

QUOTE(rubyturquoise @ May 22 2008, 10:35 AM) [snapback]787368[/snapback]

Ditto both!

My girls have certain favorites and I choose not to throw them into the hamper unless there is an issue with them (pee, puke, etc.) because they'd be really nasty if they went in there. We do their laundry 2x a week, so if they wear them 3-4 times before washing, so be it. They are still pretty clean. I wear the same pajamas 3-4 nights in a row too!

29. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Mine usually wear their pjs to eat breakfast. So they usually only wear them for one night. I would rather they get their pjs messy than their daytime outfit. If they get changed before breakfast then they do rewear them unless their pull up leaked, etc.

30. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

Ohhhh I keep the same pjs on as long as it is clean. On those days we stay home and leave their pjs on all day since we don't go out. I don't dress them w/day clothes either. I save a few dollars from buying new clothes. If their pjs are dirty they get to wear their play clothes for arond the house.

D, w/Rianna and Justin

31. ahmerl

ahmerl Well-Known Member

We are diirrtty people at my house. I only wash pjs on an "as needed" basis. I just don't have that many pairs for them and I was all set to go to BRU to buy some more but then my nanny quit and I guess we will not have any new pjs for forever now that I am stranded at the house. BRU is 45 min. away and NOT a trip I want to do with the little ones right now!

32. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

Absolutely!

33. JennaPa

JennaPa Well-Known Member

None of my kids wear PJs more than once - drives me crazy and my wah basket is always full not to mention how many pairs of PJs we have.

34. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

We used to.

1) I'd rather have them get breakfast on pj's than on clothes for the day. Oatmeal is not easy to scrub off a dark shirt.

2) Is it just my kids? If they have a poo in their diaper first thing in the morning, I think the pj's hold that poo smell.

Now, we pretty much wear new ones every night. It has definitely increased the laundry

35. twinmom11

twinmom11 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Utopia122 @ May 22 2008, 04:23 PM) [snapback]787606[/snapback]
    We do clean jammies every night. They usually wake up wet or get them dirty from breakfast, so every night they are in clean jammies.

Ditto!