do twins have less stranger anxiety?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Leighann, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I had this random thought while driving to work this morning. My kiddos are not afraid of new people at all. Lots of people came in and out of the house to help me when they were tiny and DH and I are comfortable passing them around at parties or when we bring them to work. They are also still pretty young so maybe stranger anxiety is going to develop... but I wonder if twins are less likely to be freaked out by new people because whenever they go out (to a store, on a walk, etc), people stop to look at the them and talk to them (probably more so than a single child).

What has your experience been? Are your kids comfortable around new people? Ours definitely 'check in' with DH and me when someone else is holding them, but they also flirt and coo and giggle when people give them attention. I swear I think their first words will be "oooh twins!" because thats what they hear all the time :)

Just a random though... gotta get back to work!
    -Leighann

2. CROSSTWINS

CROSSTWINS Well-Known Member

My girls are just the opposite of each other dd1 has gotten stranger anxiety in the last month. She will not go to anybody that she is not used to being around. dd2 is just the opposite she will go to anybody and doesn't even care who it is. I am very picky about who holds my girls, and if it is not someone that I really want to take my baby even though I know them pretty well... I will always send dd1 with them and they always bring her back within minutes.

Missy

3. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

So far both of our twins looooove other people. As soon as they make eye contact with someone they just beam at them. I think they're just happy to be held by whoever is willing/able to do it! Then again....my two year old never had any stranger anxiety. He's always been uber-friendly with everyone (both a delight and a nightmare!).

Reyna

4. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

Our lil guys LOVE other people. No anxiety here, at least not yet. People come up to them in the stroller and they just grin and do their "hey, aren't I cute" thing ... that person could scoop them up and they'd be just fine with it.

5. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

For a while, both babies totally loved new people. But in the last few weeks, DD has developed MAJOR stranger anxiety. She totally flips out if anyone gets too close when we're out for a walk, and while she used to love playing with the nurse who comes for Early Intervention, at the last visit she had a major meltdown.

DS, on the other hand, flirts like mad with everyone he meets. :)

6. SassyLittleDevil

SassyLittleDevil Active Member

Both my girls love people...I don't think they have a choice though because everywhere we go I have a crowd..you'd swear I was the only one who ever had Twns..they constantly have people going goo goo ga ga over them..but I do fine men's deep voices freak them out a little but other than that they love meeting new people..which I'm thankful for cause as often as I'm stopped going from point A to point B I'd hate for them to scream at everyone they see...LMAO

7. becky5

becky5 Guest

Emma has stranger anxiety, Jake, not as much, but it's still there. I haven't had them around a lot of different people though.